Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

@mventures said in NodeBB: Consent policy popup:

How did you implement this consent pop-up?

This is located in /admin/settings/cookies

@mventures said in NodeBB: Consent policy popup:

Does it appear every new day for a user who has accepted it?

No. It places a cookie on the machine of the user who visits the site, and once they accept it, it doesn’t appear again unless you select

0bda6e07-efca-4039-a132-c94060a6fec4-image.png

• nodebb loading emojis

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    16 Posts

@DownPW sure. Let me have a look at this in more detail. I know nginx plus has extensive support for this, but it’s not impossible to get somewhere near acceptable with the standard version.

You might be better off handling this at the Cloudflare level given that it sits in between the requesting client and your server.

• 3 Votes
    9 Posts

The real issue here is that most people consider forums to be “dead” in the sense that nobody uses them anymore, and social media groups have taken their place. Their once dominant stance in the 90’s and early 00’s will never be experienced again, but having said that, there are a number of forums that did in fact survive the social media onslaught, and still enjoy a large user base.

Forums tend to be niche. One that immediately sticks out is Reddit - despite looking like it was designed in the 80s, it still has an enormous user base. Another is Stack Overflow, which needs no introduction. The key to any forum is the content it offers, and the more people whom contribute in terms of posting , the more popular and widely respected it becomes as a reliable source of information.

Forums are still intensely popular with gamers, alongside those that offer tips on hacking etc.

• 3 Votes
    11 Posts

@cagatay no problems

• [NODEBB] Stats

Unsolved Customisation
    2 Votes
    20 Posts
    1k Views

@phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Stats:

@jac or I land up fixing it 🙂

I wouldn’t put it past you 😛

• Bug Navbar CSS

Solved Customisation
    1 Votes
    3 Posts

Not better way.

Thanks.

• Display tweets in widget [NodeBB]

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    29 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab brilliant, many thanks Mark 😁

• CSS Help on my Flarum

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    5 Posts

@mike-jones Yes, you’ll typically see this type of behaviour if there is another style that has higher priority in the sense that yours will be overridden. Using !important will override the higher preference, but should be used sparingly rather than everywhere.