Your privacy is important to us. It is Sudonix's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, sudonix.com, and other sites we own and operate.
Information we collect
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. This data is considered “non-identifying information”, as it does not personally identify you on its own. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may ask for personal information, such as your name and email address. This data is considered “identifying information”, as it can personally identify you. We only request personal information relevant to providing you with a service, and only use it to help provide or improve this service.
How we collect information
We collect information by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. You are free to refuse our request for this information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services without it.
Use of information
We may use a combination of identifying and non-identifying information to understand who our visitors are, how they use our services, and how we may improve their experience of our website in future. We do not disclose the specifics of this information publicly, but may share aggregated and anonymised versions of this information, for example, in website and customer usage trend reports.
Data processing and storage
We only retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide a service, or to improve our services in future. While we retain this data, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit so we can understand how you use our site and serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
This website does not knowingly target or collect personal information from children. As a parent/guardian, please contact us if you believe your child is participating in an activity involving personal information on our website, and you have no received a notification or request for consent. We do not use your supplied contact details for marketing or promotional purposes.
Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to this policy
At our discretion, we may update this policy to reflect current acceptable practices. We will take reasonable steps to let users know about changes via our website. Your continued use of this site after any changes to this policy will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around data and personal information.
Your rights and responsibilities
As our user, you have the right to be informed about how your data is collected and used. You are entitled to know what data we collect about you, and how it is processed. You are entitled to correct and update any personal information about you, and to request this information be deleted.
You are entitled to restrict or object to our use of your data, while retaining the right to use your personal information for your own purposes. You have the right to opt out of data about you being used in decisions based solely on automated processing.
Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions about how we handle your data and personal information.
Sudonix Data Controller
This policy is effective as of 16 December 2020.
PreambleFirst and foremost, be advised that Sudonix is not a platform for (example, but not restricted to) illegal, "underground", or any other activity considered unethical or nefarious in nature, and operates a zero tolerance policy for any content that violates this directive. By signing up for an account, you agree to be bound by the content of this policy and accept it's mandantory enforcement at all times.
- Staff: Refers to the entire team which includes Administrators, Moderators, Technicians.
- Member/User: Refers to a physical "person" who has registered on Sudonix of their own free will.
Access to Sudonix
- Access to Sudonix is a privilege and not a right. Therefore, the administrator of this platform reserves the right to suspend (without prior notice) access to the site to a member who does not comply with these conditions. If you do not understand or accept them, you are free to leave without condition.
The purpose of Sudonix is to offer a platform for exchange or information, discussions concerning technology, and technical assistance from both resident SME's and/or other members for the benefit of the entire community, accessible to anyone without any censorship (with the exception of personally identifiable information, which can be removed on request if posted inadvertently).
- All members are expected to use the appropriate manner, tone, and exercise self-control when posting new content, or responding to any existing thread.
- Sadly, the art of mutual respect and/or self-restraint does not appear to be executed by everyone, so the existence of Moderators is essential in order to keep conversations clean.
Moderators exist to prevent abuse on the forum, and have the right to intervene on any post that violates the rules of this platform (see "Your obligations", flood (with the exception of the "Chit Chat" or "Off Topic" areas), for example (but not restricted to) troll, insult, incite racism/racial hatred, disclosure of personal information, illegal links etc., they have in all cases, the right to modify or redact any content for personal reasons, differences of opinion, or otherwise. However, the moderator role contains significant power, and by definition, any member holding this role will use their own discretion and judgement in order to maintain the integrity of this platform. If you believe you have or are being unfairly treated by a moderator, we strongly encourage you to report this as soon as possible. All reports are fully reviewed and investigated by the site owner.
Sudonix aims to provide an operational service 7 days a week and 24 hours a day, with the exception of situations beyond our control, for example (but not restricted to) breakdowns, maintenance, etc. However, all assistance is provided based on the availability and existing commitments of members, and there are no SLA's (Service Level Agreements), nor an expectation of an immediate response owing to the differing time zones our members are based in.
- The entire platform is committed to offering you a place to discuss anything related to technology in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Sudonix undertakes to exercise competent moderation team in order that messages/topics that do not comply with GDPR or other legislation, or that conflict with such legislation are moderated fairly in order to comply.
- Sudonix undertakes not to censor any message that does not conflict with these conditions or any other legislation in order to maintain maximum freedom of expression for each member of the community.
Members must unconditionally abide and agree to be bound by the following:
- No dissemination of sensitive information or personal data.
- No pornographic content.
- No harassment in any shape or form.
- No attempts to circumvent any imposed ban or other restriction(s).
- No use of the site for commercial purposes.
- No exchange of copyrighted material or any links to illegal material or sites: (for example, but not restricted to) the exchange of direct link(s) (for example, but not restricted to) DDL (Direct Downloads), P2P (Peer to Peer), Torrent and/or any other form of illegal downloading or such transport mechanisms that facilitate such activity.
- No exchange of referral or affiliate link(s) or any other site that allows you to earn financially by broadcasting a partner link.
- No account sharing. An account is strictly personal, designed for individual only access, and must remain your property at all times. Evidence of such activity attracts a mandatory ban for both the perpetrator, and the owner of the account.
- No multi accounts in an effort to harm, derail, or influence a discussion. The creation of a new account is permissible provided that the old one is no longer used and that a member of the team is notified.
- No requests for invitations outside this platform.
- No citation or naming of (for example, but not restricted to) any tracker, board, forum, website, etc., that has clearly expressed a desire not to be (as stated in their terms, publicly on Sudonix, private message sent to a member of staff, etc.).
Demonstrate politeness, manners, and a "business style" etiquette. For example;
- Be courteous at all times when addressing others.
- Take some time to read the original post, and at least scan the rest of the conversation first.
- Ask yourself if your reply will further advance or enrich the discussion. If it won't, give it some more thought before posting.
- Avoid making one-word posts just to agree with someone; you can use the upvote buttons for that.
- Avoid creating multiple posts in a row when one would suffice. This is a forum, not a messenger client.
- If your reply is likely to divert the course of the discussion, create a new discussion instead.
- Make sure your replies provide constructive feedback and support to allow for an inclusive discussion rather than one that is divisive.
- No one will complain about the odd joke or smart comment, but, to keep things productive, we ask that you try to avoid derailing a discussion altogether by posting comments or remarks considered inappropriate or offensive in nature.
- Be polite. Simple words such as "Hello", "Thank you", "Please" etc., are often unfortunately forgotten, yet form the basis of any healthy and friendly discussion.
- Don't get upset. If someone annoys you, the best course of action is to ignore them and NOT respond (exercise the basis of "Think Before You Post"). If you feel you are being harassed, you are encouraged to report this immediately.
- Do not post everything in uppercase, unless you want to highlight a specific word or place emphasis on a sentence for example. Posting in uppercase is equivalent to shouting, and not tolerated in any form.
- Pay attention to spelling and grammar
- avoid using SMS style language, which is harmful to any discussion as it dilutes the quality of the information in the sense that abbreviated words can easily be misconstrued, misunderstood, or taken out of context.
- Insults and slander are strictly prohibited.
- No racist, homophobic or other content which could be considered to be an incitement of violence or hatred.
- Show respect for others using the same platform who may be of a lesser skill set than you. We are all here to learn and help each other.
- Engage with other members as though you were actively engaging in "in-person" discussion. Don't post anything that you would not say in person.
- Do not use the anonymity the Internet can offer as a shield to hide behind.
- Do not exhibit contempt for others.
- We despise and will not tolerate trolling of any type. Any users exhibiting or knowingly participating in this behavior will be permanently banned without question or advance warning.
Above all, be polite, and professional. Courtesy costs you nothing to give and receive, so let’s all be mindful of that please.
- No sales or affiliate links, use of persuasion techniques etc., other than those that directly benefit or enrich an existing discussion. Sudonix is vendor agnostic and no preference or promotion will be given to any specific brand or entity unless it is solely for the benefit of the topic in discussion, or as part of a product review.
- Links and sensitive information will be removed (and the member will be notified).
- Resellers who advertise or attempt to influence any discussion for their own benefit will be banned.
Personal data and security
- You are strongly encouraged not to expose any Personally Identifiable Data (PII) (for example, but not restricted to, telephone, address, e-mail, IP address, etc.) on this platform, in order to prevent a third party from making malicious use of it.
- If, at any time, you feel that we do not respect your privacy, you are actively encouraged to send an Private Message (PM) or e-mail to [email protected]
- We actively encourage you to use a password unique to Sudonix and not to use it on any other site or address. You should note that Sudonix enforces a strict password policy and does not permit the use of passwords considered weak, or easily guessed/broken.
- Sudonix is a community platform offering the opportunity for everyone to ask questions, share technical solutions, provide answers to questions etc. Based on this, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information contained therein and decline any responsibility for the content of the site and its use.
- Reasonable controls exist to protect the security of the platform and its members, but the responsibility of Sudonix can not be assumed in case of total or partial unauthorized access to the site by any bad actor. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as zero risk.
You acknowledge that you have read these rules which are valid for Sudonix, which implies, automatically and unconditionally, your full and complete acceptance of them.
- Through non-compliance of this policy, you expose yourself to sanctions ranging from a simple warning to a permanent ban from this platform.
- The content, conditions, and intended execution of this policy are subject to change regularly. Please review them regularly in order to remain up to date.