Skip to content

[NODEBB] Stats

Unsolved Customisation

• 15 Votes
    27 Posts
    1k Views

For anyone else coming here and is struggling to get pm2 to work with Umami (as I did - it started, but never seemed to work after a reboot which is pretty useless), you can use the below. Obviously, change the parts noted inside the [brackets]. Follow the below instructions:

Instructions

Open a terminal and create a new systemd service file:

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/umami.service

Add the following content to the file:

[Unit] Description=Umami Analytics Server After=network.target [Service] Type=simple User=[umami user] WorkingDirectory=[path to umami] ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/node [path to umami]/node_modules/.bin/next start Restart=on-failure [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target

Replace [umami user] with the username of the user that should run the Umami service, and [path to umami] with the actual path to your Umami installation.

Save the file and exit the editor.

Reload the systemd manager configuration:

sudo systemctl daemon-reload

Enable the Umami service to start on boot:

sudo systemctl enable umami.service

Start the Umami service:

sudo systemctl start umami.service

You can check the status of the service with:

sudo systemctl status umami.service

This systemd service file will ensure that Umami starts automatically when the system boots, and it will restart the service if it fails. Remember to adjust the WorkingDirectory and ExecStart paths according to where Umami is installed on your system, and ensure that Node.js is installed and accessible at /usr/bin/node (or adjust the path to Node.js as necessary).

• 20 Votes
    28 Posts

thanks Mark.

• 3 Votes
    5 Posts

@DownPW it’s possible, yes, but you may inadvertently end up targeting other elements using the same class which of course isn’t desired.

Can you provide a link in DM for me to review?

• 1 Votes
    4 Posts

@eeeee if you’re using the console, you could try

node app.js > app.log 2>&1

This would redirect stdout to a file named app.log and redirect stderr to stdout.

I’m not sure about standard logging under NodeBB, but there is an error log located at logs/error.log.

Failing that, you could always stop the NodeBB service then use ./nodebb dev from the console which would then provide debug output.

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts

@DownPW not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate ?

• 0 Votes
    15 Posts

@DownPW That was going to be my next suggestion 🙂

• Error install plugin

Solved Customisation
    1 Votes
    8 Posts

@pobojmoks

Not WP plugin but nodeBB but it a known bug

• nodebb-plugin-customize error

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes