Skip to content

Top Ranked Forums

Chitchat

• 1 Votes
    4 Posts

@eeeee if you’re using the console, you could try

node app.js > app.log 2>&1

This would redirect stdout to a file named app.log and redirect stderr to stdout.

I’m not sure about standard logging under NodeBB, but there is an error log located at logs/error.log.

Failing that, you could always stop the NodeBB service then use ./nodebb dev from the console which would then provide debug output.

• NodeBB: Creating pages

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    9 Posts

OK, I think I have figured out how to place a link in the footer which will click to a new page.

• 36 Votes
    55 Posts
    4k Views

@DownPW I see why. The code relies on the existence of

[component="topic/quickreply/container"]

However, this by definition means that the below has to be enabled

aeef638f-4188-489d-a9f2-f3a26dbca9d8-image.png

It will then work

7fb38631-e0f3-46ef-b652-00929d927b13-image.png

For some unknown reason, this is hidden in Harmony, and only shows if you select it. In v2, it seems that the <section> is deleted altogether in Persona if “Quick Reply” is disabled, meaning it won’t fire as it can’t locate that specific component.

The downside is that you might not want the quick reply function, but I think it’s a PITA to scroll up to the top of the post just to reply, so I have it on 🙂

• Rotating homepage icons, gifs?

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh It’s not a GIF, no. It’s actually a webp file so made much smaller, and uses keyframes to control the rotation on hover. You can easily make your own though 🙂

The CSS for that is as below

@keyframes rotate180 { from { transform: rotate(0deg); } to { transform: rotate(180deg); } } @keyframes rotate0 { from { transform: rotate(180deg); } to { transform: rotate(0deg); } }

Your milage may vary on the CSS below, as it’s custom for Sudonix, but this is the class that is used to control the rotate

.header .forum-logo, img.forum-logo.head { max-height: 50px; width: auto; height: 30px; margin-top: 9px; max-width: 150px; min-width: 32px; display: inline-block; animation-name: rotate180, rotate0; animation-duration: 1000ms; animation-delay: 0s, 1000ms; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-timing-function: linear; transition: transform 1000ms ease-in-out; }
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts

@pwsincd I think you can use userData.isAdmin = isAdmin; if I’m not mistaken - see
    https://community.nodebb.org/topic/15128/how-to-hide-whitelist-user-field-only-to-owner-or-admin?_=1648802303112 for an example

• 4 Votes
    12 Posts

Placing this here for reference
    https://sudonix.com/topic/216/nodebb-js-script-css-theme-switcher

Further information and posts can be found at this link

• 10 Votes
    28 Posts
    2k Views

@marusaky Good post. The real issue with Flarum is that even the most minor of changes requires a extension, which is crazy. With NodeBB, you can make changes on the fly very easily, and without too much effort.

There is an element of learning when it comes to making changes to any platform, but Javascript is not difficult at all once you get used to it, and there’s also extensive support for jQuery (and hundreds of code snippets on the internet you can easily adapt and tailor to your own needs)

For years, phpBB used to reign supreme - now it’s incredibly dated, and always did have the most confusing admin panel I’ve ever seen.

• 1 Votes
    6 Posts

@jac said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing:

@phenomlab said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing:

@jac are you using Custom ?

Sure am mate 👍🏻

Confirmed Fixed