Skip to content

Rotating homepage icons, gifs?

Solved Configure
  • On this page, I like the way the coloured Sudonix wheel rotates when you click on it !
    Is this a gif file?
    In my nodebb forum can I just upload a gif into the settings for forum logo to get a similar effect?

• @eveh It’s not a GIF, no. It’s actually a webp file so made much smaller, and uses keyframes to control the rotation on hover. You can easily make your own though 🙂

The CSS for that is as below

@keyframes rotate180 {
            from {
              transform: rotate(0deg);
            }

to {
              transform: rotate(180deg);
            }
          }

@keyframes rotate0 {
            from {
              transform: rotate(180deg);
            }

to {
              transform: rotate(0deg);
            }
          }

Your milage may vary on the CSS below, as it’s custom for Sudonix, but this is the class that is used to control the rotate

.header .forum-logo,
    img.forum-logo.head {
        max-height: 50px;
        width: auto;
        height: 30px;
        margin-top: 9px;
        max-width: 150px;
        min-width: 32px;
        display: inline-block;
        animation-name: rotate180, rotate0;
        animation-duration: 1000ms;
        animation-delay: 0s, 1000ms;
        animation-iteration-count: 1;
        animation-timing-function: linear;
        transition: transform 1000ms ease-in-out;
    }

• phenomlabundefined phenomlab has marked this topic as solved on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• 2 Votes
    3 Posts

Ah silly me, thanks for finding that!

• 2 Votes
    26 Posts
    1k Views

@Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API:

How did you drop that widget into the post there?
    I hadnt seen this BSgenerator anywhere on sudonix site, do you use it somewhere already?

Yes, here

https://sudonix.org/topic/414/corporate-bullshit-generator?_=1687774393044

It’s not a “post” or “topic” in the common sense. It is actually a page in it’s own right and leverages nodebb-plugin-custom-pages. This in turn creates a new “route” which behaves like a page, meaning it is then exposed for widgets.

@Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API:

Also can you explain more what you mean by calling the code externally. In my API call example, how would I go about doing that?

By this, I mean create all the required code in an external JS file that is reachable by the NodeBB instance - so, in “public” for example - or in my case /public/js. The widget then “calls” that file and because it runs outside of the scope of NodeBB, you just need to return the values to the widget.

Hope this makes sense?

• Composer Zen icon?

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    8 Posts

@DownPW exactly. Not really a new concept, and in all honesty, not something I’ve ever used.

If you consider the need to add links and references, or citations, you’d need to be able to see other parts of the screen!

• Smart Widgets

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    9 Posts

@Panda said in Smart Widgets:

So why is that, or conversely why would the function to expose username ever be required, as it seems app.user is already an available global object?

It is, yes, but not if you are using it outside of a widget. The function I wrote is also historical and comes from the 2.x train 🙂

• Email validation NodeBB

Bugs
    3 Votes
    21 Posts

@Panda said in Email validation NodeBB:

Did you configure that as a custom change to the usual quote icon. How do you do that?
    I notice on NodeBB site its a solid blue quotes

Yes, I changed it. NodeBB by default users the free font awesome library whereas I use the pro (paid) version SDK have access to a wider set of icons, and at different thicknesses etc. The change of colour is just simple CSS.

• NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    12 Posts

@phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!

• Dark Theme Upper Padding

Solved Customisation
    6 Votes
    7 Posts

@DownPW great! thanks a lot… this code solves my problem.

• nodebb dropdown menu

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    5 Posts

@phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu:

@kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site

aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png

Which presents this

77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png

Very interesting…

I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum.

Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.