Skip to content

Interesting Widget code, but can't fetch API

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• 3 Votes
    4 Posts

@crazycells said in CSS code customization for the link preview plugin:

does OGProxy show the pdf previews as well?

Not yet, but it could with a bit of additional code.

• 7 Votes
    8 Posts

@crazycells hmm. That’s odd. I haven’t made any changes from recollection but I could be wrong. I’ll need to check.

EDIT - very strange. I honestly don’t recall adding the below CSS block to alter the bottom bar, but you’re right…

.bottombar-nav { padding: 0px !important; }

I’ve removed this so it reflects stock Harmony.

• 2 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda you’d be surprised. If you consider that you’d need to use the API to be able to populate a WordPress widget for example (which in turn would of course be PHP), taking this route is still immensely popular.

• Composer options on nodebb

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda You should be able to expose the CSS for these using F12 to get into console

3591518c-e3a3-4ada-a43c-6b32a5e0359c-image.png

a2b8ed46-4157-4ff2-85f0-576543380107-image.png

That should then expose the element once selected

89d9c545-a47a-40d1-98f4-80cf3b958e8f-image.png

Here’s the below CSS you need based on the screenshot provided.

.composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="picture-o"], .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="spoiler"] { display: none; }
  • 2 Votes
    2 Posts

@cagatay this relates to a change the css classes used for the brand header meaning it will now float to the left instead of right.

If you’d like to retain the original behavior, you can add this css class

[data-widget-area="brand-header"] { justify-content: end; display: flex; }

Further information here

https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17090/manual-build-a-custom-header-in-harmony/19?_=1684069325296

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh Welcome board 🙂

The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps

Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; }

Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.

• Social icon (Nodebb)

Solved Customisation
    0 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab said in Social icon (Nodebb):

@jac I just tested my theory around using the OG image, and according to the Twitter card validator, it works fine

73e805e1-997b-41bf-9259-51c5052ca8fc-image.png

fixed 🙂

• Display tweets in widget [NodeBB]

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    29 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab brilliant, many thanks Mark 😁