Skip to content

NodeBB customisation

Locked Customisation

• 3 Votes
    7 Posts

@crazycells pleasure. Using percentages makes much more sense in this case. It’s the same argument with px vs pt vs em with fonts, margins, padding, etc., in the sense that em is generally preferred over px and pt

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/609517/why-em-instead-of-px

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh Welcome board 🙂

The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps

Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; }

Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts

@downpw ooops. Forgot that. Thanks for adding.

• [NODEBB] Stats

Unsolved Customisation
    2 Votes
    20 Posts
    1k Views

@phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Stats:

@jac or I land up fixing it 🙂

I wouldn’t put it past you 😛

• 9 Votes
    47 Posts
    4k Views

@phenomlab said in RSS parser script [NodeBB]:

@jac Not yet. Sorry. Have some other work commitments I need to prioritise. Hoping to get to this over the weekend.

No worries at all mate, thanks 👍🏻

• 3 Votes
    17 Posts

@jac said in Forum customisation:

@phenomlab said in Forum customisation:

@jac 100%. Just setting up some free time. I’m on annual leave from work offer the coming 2 weeks so hopefully will have a bit more time then.

Not a problem Mark, I don’t wish for you to use all your spare time doing that, just do it when you can, no issues 🙂

I know you’re busy doing other things but when you get a chance mate I’m happy for this to go ahead along with the RSS script.

👍🏻

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts

Closing this thread as a duplicate of https://sudonix.com/topic/12/nodebb-customisation

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab many thanks Mark 😁.