Skip to content

Embedding external URLs

Solved General

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• Embeds

General
    4 Votes
    4 Posts

@OT Are you testing embeds, or did you insert this link for another purpose? For clarity, this isn’t a testing category 🙂

• 3 Votes
    5 Posts

@DownPW it’s possible, yes, but you may inadvertently end up targeting other elements using the same class which of course isn’t desired.

Can you provide a link in DM for me to review?

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts

@mventures You’d need to connect to the server and execute it directly - not on your local terminal. Review the guide below, which will show you how to gain access via SSH to your server

https://docs.ovh.com/gb/en/dedicated/ssh-introduction/

Once you have access, you’ll need to navigate to the actual folder where NodeBB is installed

You’ll then need to change to the directory as shown below

/home/unbuntu/nodebb

fdffe673-bf63-4b6d-a728-5506fddc1aff-image.png

In most cases, initial access takes you to the root of the file system. You can always issue pwd in a Linux terminal which will show you the Present Working Directory. From there, you can issue the command

cd /home/ubuntu/nodebb

Once in the NodeBB directory, you’d use the below commands

./nodebb stop git fetch && git checkout develop && git reset --hard origin/develop ./nodebb upgrade ./nodebb start

Line 1 stops the NodeBB instance
    Line 2 gets the latest files from GIT (repository) and then checks out the development branch. It then resets the version you are using to the development branch ready for v3
    Line 3 Runs the upgrade once the new branch is set, and code pulled
    Line 4 Restarts the NodeBB instance after the upgrade has completed

Note that when you restart NodeBB and log back in, things will look very different to what you had in v2.

• 3 Votes
    13 Posts

@DownPW Hmm - it’ll work with iFramely (locally hosted), or you can use the below string to embed using https://community.nodebb.org/topic/7135/nodebb-plugin-ns-embed-ns-embed/114

Watch (?:<a.*?)?(?:https?:\/\/)?(?:www\.)?dailymotion\.com\/video\/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]{4,11})(?:.*?\/a>)? Replace <div class='embed-wrapper'><div class='embed-container'><iframe src='//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/$1' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe></div></div>

4f5f13f7-0c73-460e-b32f-f974f170b236-image.png

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts

@DownPW not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate ?

• Tenor GIF Plugin

Solved Customisation
    5 Votes
    19 Posts

@phenomlab Also for me now 🙂 Upgraded in ACP and all good . Thx.

• [NODEBB] Stats

Unsolved Customisation
    2 Votes
    20 Posts
    1k Views

@phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Stats:

@jac or I land up fixing it 🙂

I wouldn’t put it past you 😛

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts

@RiekMedia hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?