Skip to content

Embed - What Are You Using?

Solved General

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation💗

• Embeds

General
    4 Votes
    4 Posts

@OT Are you testing embeds, or did you insert this link for another purpose? For clarity, this isn’t a testing category 🙂

• Changing H2 color

Solved WordPress
    3 Votes
    5 Posts

@Sala Just checked your site. This should work

.bs-blog-post .title, .bs-blog-post .title a { color: #ffffff; }

It’s worth noting the existing CSS, which uses variables like the below

color: var(--head-color);

These come under the :root section as below

:root { --head-color: #212121; --stext-color: #000; --text-color: #718096; --wtext-color: #fff; --bg-color: #fff; --box-color: #fff; --border-color: #e2e8f0; --wrap-color: #eff2f7; }

You can easily override these by using the CSS I provided at the top of this post, or you can change the underlying colours defined in the variables. However, taking this route may mean other objects are styled in the same way, which may not be the desired result.

• 2 Votes
    6 Posts

@dave1904 I’d start by adding a console.log function to hookData so you can see what is being returned

return hookData; console.log(hookData):
  • 3 Votes
    3 Posts

Many thanks! I’ll use your walkthrough and go for the self-hosted solution.

• 6 Votes
    15 Posts

No no, I said that in the sense that he told me it was simple ^^
    I was able to see that this was not the case by targeting the elements he had advised me.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@qwinter this particular site uses the code I wrote if you want to see it in action. It’s a information and intelligence gatherer I designed for collecting various information security articles from around the globe and consolidating them in one place.

Essentially, each “post” is in fact generated by the script, and the NodeBB API.

https://hostrisk.com/

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts

@RiekMedia hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?

• 3 Votes
    12 Posts

@Sala impressive. That’s actually a lot harder than it looks. I once worked for a trading firm in the 90s and a trader came to me with a corrupted floppy disk demanding I get it to work.

Evidently, it had all of his trading positions on it and he had no backup 😧 and he wasn’t impressed when I told him that the chances of data recovery were less than zero.