Skip to content

Podcast Share NodeBB

Solved Configure

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• Further Widgets question

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    4 Posts

@Panda category is for a category in its own, so for example, “fruit” whereas categories is the page that contains all categories as a list.

• NodeBB v3 Quick reply

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    4 Posts

here is the link: https://app.transifex.com/nodebb/nodebb/translate/#tr

• NodeBB v3 Android Problem

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    4 Posts

thank you fixed.

• 2 Votes
    19 Posts

@phenomlab Work now 😉

• restarting nodebb on boot

Unsolved Configure
    1 Votes
    3 Posts

@eeeee said in restarting nodebb on boot:

can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts?

It’s a better method. Nodemon just looks for file system changes and would effectively die if the server was rebooted meaning you’d have to start it again anyway. Systemd is the defacto standard which is how the operating system interacts in terms of services, scheduled tasks etc.

• NodeBB v3

Announcements
    3 Votes
    2 Posts

@cagatay JS will work fine - no changes there, and there are no plans to drop support for jQuery. More of an issue is the CSS - for which there are quite a few breaking changes. Keep an eye on sudonix.dev (my development site) where you can see progress in relation to how I am tackling the compatibility issues.

• 3 Votes
    9 Posts

The real issue here is that most people consider forums to be “dead” in the sense that nobody uses them anymore, and social media groups have taken their place. Their once dominant stance in the 90’s and early 00’s will never be experienced again, but having said that, there are a number of forums that did in fact survive the social media onslaught, and still enjoy a large user base.

Forums tend to be niche. One that immediately sticks out is Reddit - despite looking like it was designed in the 80s, it still has an enormous user base. Another is Stack Overflow, which needs no introduction. The key to any forum is the content it offers, and the more people whom contribute in terms of posting , the more popular and widely respected it becomes as a reliable source of information.

Forums are still intensely popular with gamers, alongside those that offer tips on hacking etc.

• nodebb dropdown menu

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    5 Posts

@phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu:

@kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site

aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png

Which presents this

77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png

Very interesting…

I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum.

Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.