Skip to content

Detect if user is admin

General

• 50 Votes
    146 Posts
    18k Views

Updated git for above change

https://github.com/phenomlab/nodebb-harmony-threading/commit/14a4e277521d83d219065ffb14154fd5f5cfac69

• 2 Votes
    26 Posts
    1k Views

@Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API:

How did you drop that widget into the post there?
    I hadnt seen this BSgenerator anywhere on sudonix site, do you use it somewhere already?

Yes, here

https://sudonix.org/topic/414/corporate-bullshit-generator?_=1687774393044

It’s not a “post” or “topic” in the common sense. It is actually a page in it’s own right and leverages nodebb-plugin-custom-pages. This in turn creates a new “route” which behaves like a page, meaning it is then exposed for widgets.

@Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API:

Also can you explain more what you mean by calling the code externally. In my API call example, how would I go about doing that?

By this, I mean create all the required code in an external JS file that is reachable by the NodeBB instance - so, in “public” for example - or in my case /public/js. The widget then “calls” that file and because it runs outside of the scope of NodeBB, you just need to return the values to the widget.

Hope this makes sense?

• Composer options on nodebb

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda You should be able to expose the CSS for these using F12 to get into console

3591518c-e3a3-4ada-a43c-6b32a5e0359c-image.png

a2b8ed46-4157-4ff2-85f0-576543380107-image.png

That should then expose the element once selected

89d9c545-a47a-40d1-98f4-80cf3b958e8f-image.png

Here’s the below CSS you need based on the screenshot provided.

.composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="picture-o"], .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="spoiler"] { display: none; }
  • 1 Votes
    4 Posts

@eeeee if you’re using the console, you could try

node app.js > app.log 2>&1

This would redirect stdout to a file named app.log and redirect stderr to stdout.

I’m not sure about standard logging under NodeBB, but there is an error log located at logs/error.log.

Failing that, you could always stop the NodeBB service then use ./nodebb dev from the console which would then provide debug output.

• NodeBB: Consent page

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    16 Posts

@DownPW I still do not see any issues.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@qwinter this particular site uses the code I wrote if you want to see it in action. It’s a information and intelligence gatherer I designed for collecting various information security articles from around the globe and consolidating them in one place.

Essentially, each “post” is in fact generated by the script, and the NodeBB API.

https://hostrisk.com/

• 3 Votes
    20 Posts

@jac Exactly. Hard point to argue.

• nodebb dropdown menu

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    5 Posts

@phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu:

@kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site

aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png

Which presents this

77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png

Very interesting…

I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum.

Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.