Skip to content

NodeBB 1.19.3

Solved Performance

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• Upgrade issues

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    2 Posts

Use this code

git fetch # Grab the latest code from the NodeBB repository git checkout v3.x git reset --hard origin/v3.x

And you will have the latest version without specifying it

https://docs.nodebb.org/configuring/upgrade/

• Smart Widgets

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    9 Posts

@Panda said in Smart Widgets:

So why is that, or conversely why would the function to expose username ever be required, as it seems app.user is already an available global object?

It is, yes, but not if you are using it outside of a widget. The function I wrote is also historical and comes from the 2.x train 🙂

• Further Widgets question

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    4 Posts

@Panda category is for a category in its own, so for example, “fruit” whereas categories is the page that contains all categories as a list.

• 11 Votes
    47 Posts
    3k Views

@DownPW Seems fine.

• 14 Votes
    69 Posts
    5k Views

@phenomlab

Seems to be better with some scaling fix for redis on redis.conf. I haven’t seen the message yet since the changes I made

# I increase it to the value of /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn tcp-backlog 4096 # I'm uncommenting because it can slow down Redis. Uncommented by default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #save 900 1 #save 300 10 #save 60 10000

If you have other Redis optimizations. I take all your advice

https://severalnines.com/blog/performance-tuning-redis/

• 13 Votes
    21 Posts
    2k Views

@pobojmoks that’s easily done by modifying the code provided here so that it targets background rather than border

In essence, the below should work

$(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) { var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid"); var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color"); console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color); $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "background-color: " + color); }); }); });
  • [NodeBB] username cards

Solved Customisation
    5 Votes
    8 Posts

@phenomlab

Aha…nice to know. As always thank you for the reply and information.

• unable to upvote on forum

Solved Performance
    3 Votes
    10 Posts

@phenomlab yes, i can understand. it is working now 🙂