Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• 3 Votes
    5 Posts

@crazycells Agreed. It takes a more sensible approach. Nobody ever upvotes the first post - it’s usually much further down as the conversation progresses.

• Nodebb icon on google page

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    9 Posts

@Panda It’s been raised multiple times, but only for the open source version, and not hosted.

• 3 Votes
    9 Posts

The real issue here is that most people consider forums to be “dead” in the sense that nobody uses them anymore, and social media groups have taken their place. Their once dominant stance in the 90’s and early 00’s will never be experienced again, but having said that, there are a number of forums that did in fact survive the social media onslaught, and still enjoy a large user base.

Forums tend to be niche. One that immediately sticks out is Reddit - despite looking like it was designed in the 80s, it still has an enormous user base. Another is Stack Overflow, which needs no introduction. The key to any forum is the content it offers, and the more people whom contribute in terms of posting , the more popular and widely respected it becomes as a reliable source of information.

Forums are still intensely popular with gamers, alongside those that offer tips on hacking etc.

• 5 Votes
    29 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab said in nodebb chat roll dice game:

@DownPW I still think you could do something much quicker with jQuery.

Why not but like I said, I have no skills to do that.

If you are motivated, why not but I don’t want to bother you especially since it will only be for a certain period of time.

• Fontawesome 5

Unsolved Customisation
    1 Votes
    14 Posts

@pwsincd hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?

• [NODEBB] Welcome Message

Solved Customisation
    13 Votes
    18 Posts
    2k Views

For anyone reviewing this post, there’s an updated version here that also includes an sunrise / sun / moon icon depending on the time of day

https://sudonix.com/topic/233/nodebb-welcome-message-with-logo-footer-change/3?_=1645445273209

• Bug Navbar CSS

Solved Customisation
    1 Votes
    3 Posts

Not better way.

Thanks.

• CSS Help on my Flarum

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    5 Posts

@mike-jones Yes, you’ll typically see this type of behaviour if there is another style that has higher priority in the sense that yours will be overridden. Using !important will override the higher preference, but should be used sparingly rather than everywhere.