Skip to content

NodeBB vs Discourse

Chitchat

• MogoDB v6 to v7 upgrade

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    5 Posts

@Panda if you used the Ubuntu PPA, I think this only goes as far as 6.x if I recall correctly.

• 5 Votes
    16 Posts

@DownPW Yes, it is. It’s set far too low meaning other elements with a higher preference will sit over the top of it.

• Further Widgets question

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    4 Posts

@Panda category is for a category in its own, so for example, “fruit” whereas categories is the page that contains all categories as a list.

• 36 Votes
    55 Posts
    4k Views

@DownPW I see why. The code relies on the existence of

[component="topic/quickreply/container"]

However, this by definition means that the below has to be enabled

aeef638f-4188-489d-a9f2-f3a26dbca9d8-image.png

It will then work

7fb38631-e0f3-46ef-b652-00929d927b13-image.png

For some unknown reason, this is hidden in Harmony, and only shows if you select it. In v2, it seems that the <section> is deleted altogether in Persona if “Quick Reply” is disabled, meaning it won’t fire as it can’t locate that specific component.

The downside is that you might not want the quick reply function, but I think it’s a PITA to scroll up to the top of the post just to reply, so I have it on 🙂

• Rotating homepage icons, gifs?

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh It’s not a GIF, no. It’s actually a webp file so made much smaller, and uses keyframes to control the rotation on hover. You can easily make your own though 🙂

The CSS for that is as below

@keyframes rotate180 { from { transform: rotate(0deg); } to { transform: rotate(180deg); } } @keyframes rotate0 { from { transform: rotate(180deg); } to { transform: rotate(0deg); } }

Your milage may vary on the CSS below, as it’s custom for Sudonix, but this is the class that is used to control the rotate

.header .forum-logo, img.forum-logo.head { max-height: 50px; width: auto; height: 30px; margin-top: 9px; max-width: 150px; min-width: 32px; display: inline-block; animation-name: rotate180, rotate0; animation-duration: 1000ms; animation-delay: 0s, 1000ms; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-timing-function: linear; transition: transform 1000ms ease-in-out; }
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts

@qwinter Yes, although the experience would be very much degraded without websockets.

• Dark Theme Upper Padding

Solved Customisation
    6 Votes
    7 Posts

@DownPW great! thanks a lot… this code solves my problem.

• 4 Votes
    12 Posts

Placing this here for reference
    https://sudonix.com/topic/216/nodebb-js-script-css-theme-switcher

Further information and posts can be found at this link