Skip to content

using exclusive nodebb forum data to create a chatgpt chatbot?

Discussion

• 2 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda you’d be surprised. If you consider that you’d need to use the API to be able to populate a WordPress widget for example (which in turn would of course be PHP), taking this route is still immensely popular.

• 9 Votes
    10 Posts

@crazycells yes, I think it certainly has a place - but to enrich knowledge, rather than simply substitute it.

I remember years ago when I did my exams. You weren’t allowed a calculator or anything like that and had to show your workings on a separate piece of paper which you were given additional marks for.

These days, they use iPads etc in schools, so the art of writing a letter or needing to perform mathematical calculations in your head is gone. One of my very first jobs was in a newsagent who had a really old till (yes, not a Point-Of-Service like you have today) - all this till did was add up the individual figures, but didn’t tell you how much change to give - you had to do that part.

Sounds simple enough, but with technology doing everything for us these days, our basic skills (think the “Three R’s”, and see example below) have taken a back seat and I think that’s made us lazy.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/three R's

Again, my point here being to enrich - not completely replace basic skills we learn as we age.

• Composer Zen icon?

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    8 Posts

@DownPW exactly. Not really a new concept, and in all honesty, not something I’ve ever used.

If you consider the need to add links and references, or citations, you’d need to be able to see other parts of the screen!

• 4 Votes
    4 Posts

@phenomlab said in TikTok fined £12.7m for misusing children’s data:

Just another reason not to use TikTok. Zero privacy, Zero respect for privacy, and Zero controls in place.

https://news.sky.com/story/tiktok-fined-12-7m-for-data-protection-breaches-12849702

The quote from this article says it all

TikTok should have known better. TikTok should have done better

They should have, but didn’t. Clearly the same distinct lack of core values as Facebook. Profit first, privacy… well, maybe.

Wow, that’s crazy! so glad I stayed away from it, rotten to the core.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@mventures Yes, exactly. The other icon will restart NodeBB whilst the first icon I referenced will rebuild (recompile) it.

The huge strength of NodeBB over Flarum (for example) is that the code is precompiled, and called once at boot. PHP’s code has to repeatedly reload code from source making it much slower.

• Gettin Erors NodeBB

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab no forum is working goods.
    there is no eror message since yestarday.

• Adding fileWrite to nodebb code

Solved Configure
    5 Votes
    16 Posts

@eveh this might be a question for the NodeBB Devs themselves. In all honesty, I’m not entirely sure without having to research this myself.

• 1 Votes
    6 Posts

@Hari not sure from the consumer perspective, but Skype has been all but completely consumed by Microsoft Teams when it comes to business usage.