Skip to content

[SOLVED] Fancybox doesn't work in chat

Bugs
  • For those of you using Fancybox, you’ve probably noticed that it doesn’t seem to work in Chat since the upgrade to v3. Looking at the function, it’s pretty obvious why

if (top.location.pathname !== '/login') {
        $(document).ready(function() {
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                this.$('a').not('.forum-logo').not(".avatar").not(".emoji").not(".bmac-noanimate").each(function() {
                    $('a[href*=".jpg"], a[href*=".jpeg"], a[href*=".png"], a[href*=".gif"], a[href*=".webp"]').addClass("noanimate");
                    data.preventDefault()
                    // Strip out the images contained inside blockquotes as this looks nasty :)
                    $('blockquote img').remove();
                });
                Fancybox.bind(
                    'a[href*=".jpg"], a[href*=".jpeg"], a[href*=".png"], a[href*=".gif"], a[href*=".webp"]', {
                        groupAll: true,
                    }
                );
            });
        });
    }

The function above targets a href where in fact, in the chat window, it doesn’t exist - it’s just an img tag

6e601da6-93a0-44a0-b49f-d1a78e589804-image.png

Not very helpful, so I will need to modify this function. I’ll advise as soon as I have it working in case you want to use on your own forums 🙂

• Ok, this will work. Chats are now handled differently, so the two below functions need to be added to your custom js

// Chat fancybox - fires when chat module loaded and AJAX calls new chat
        $(window).on('action:chat.loaded', function(data) {
                this.$('img').not('.forum-logo').not(".avatar").not(".emoji").not(".bmac-noanimate").each(function() {
                    var newHref = $(this).attr("src");
                    $(this).wrap("<a class='fancybox' href='" + newHref + "'/>");
                    $('a[href*=".jpg"], a[href*=".jpeg"], a[href*=".png"], a[href*=".gif"], a[href*=".webp"]').addClass("noanimate");
                    data.preventDefault();
                });
                Fancybox.bind(
                    'a[href*=".jpg"], a[href*=".jpeg"], a[href*=".png"], a[href*=".gif"], a[href*=".webp"]', {
                    }
                );
        });
    });

• EDIT: Sorry all, I found a bug that causes Fancybox to be bound twice.

Please remove the original functions I provided (the original post has been updated for anyone who did not use the original code and is new here) and replace with just this block

// Chat fancybox - fires when chat module loaded and AJAX calls new chat
        $(window).on('action:chat.loaded', function(data) {
                this.$('img').not('.forum-logo').not(".avatar").not(".emoji").not(".bmac-noanimate").each(function() {
                    var newHref = $(this).attr("src");
                    $(this).wrap("<a class='fancybox' href='" + newHref + "'/>");
                    data.preventDefault();
                });
                Fancybox.bind(
                    }
                );
        });
    });

• phenomlabundefined phenomlab forked this topic on
  • DownPWundefined DownPW referenced this topic on