Skip to content

Nodebb 3.2.0

Bugs

• 7 Votes
    8 Posts

@crazycells hmm. That’s odd. I haven’t made any changes from recollection but I could be wrong. I’ll need to check.

EDIT - very strange. I honestly don’t recall adding the below CSS block to alter the bottom bar, but you’re right…

.bottombar-nav { padding: 0px !important; }

I’ve removed this so it reflects stock Harmony.

• nodebb error logs

Bugs
    4 Votes
    6 Posts

I just wanted to ask because I don’t have much knowledge about the new installation.
    Thank you for the explanatory answer.

• SEO and Nodebb

Performance
    2 Votes
    2 Posts

@Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts

https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365

And also

https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164

It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”.

Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@Panda as, yes, now I understand and that makes 100% sense. It means those who get down voted can still have an opinion and use common services.

And yes, you’re right. Rather than down vote, just ignore if you don’t agree.

• 6 Votes
    25 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab said in Q&A Plugin Changes NodeBB:

float: right;
    left: 10px;
    }

worked thank you 🙂

• 7 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab thank you very much 🙂

• 3 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab thanks a lot, this combination works best 👍

.posts-list .posts-list-item .content { overflow: auto; max-height: 600px; }
  • Social icon (Nodebb)

Solved Customisation
    0 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab said in Social icon (Nodebb):

@jac I just tested my theory around using the OG image, and according to the Twitter card validator, it works fine

73e805e1-997b-41bf-9259-51c5052ca8fc-image.png

fixed 🙂