Skip to content

Rotating homepage icons, gifs?

Solved Configure
  • On this page, I like the way the coloured Sudonix wheel rotates when you click on it !
    Is this a gif file?
    In my nodebb forum can I just upload a gif into the settings for forum logo to get a similar effect?

• @eveh It’s not a GIF, no. It’s actually a webp file so made much smaller, and uses keyframes to control the rotation on hover. You can easily make your own though 🙂

The CSS for that is as below

@keyframes rotate180 {
            from {
              transform: rotate(0deg);
            }

to {
              transform: rotate(180deg);
            }
          }

@keyframes rotate0 {
            from {
              transform: rotate(180deg);
            }

to {
              transform: rotate(0deg);
            }
          }

Your milage may vary on the CSS below, as it’s custom for Sudonix, but this is the class that is used to control the rotate

.header .forum-logo,
    img.forum-logo.head {
        max-height: 50px;
        width: auto;
        height: 30px;
        margin-top: 9px;
        max-width: 150px;
        min-width: 32px;
        display: inline-block;
        animation-name: rotate180, rotate0;
        animation-duration: 1000ms;
        animation-delay: 0s, 1000ms;
        animation-iteration-count: 1;
        animation-timing-function: linear;
        transition: transform 1000ms ease-in-out;
    }

• phenomlabundefined phenomlab has marked this topic as solved on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• 3 Votes
    4 Posts

@crazycells said in CSS code customization for the link preview plugin:

does OGProxy show the pdf previews as well?

Not yet, but it could with a bit of additional code.

• Page control arrows for PWA

Solved Customisation
    25 Votes
    27 Posts

@crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems.

/** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android }

Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.

• 1 Votes
    10 Posts

@Panda because there is no match for the DNS entry specified. The receiving web server parses the headers looking for a destination hostname to match, and anything the web server is unable to resolve will be sent back to the root.

• Composer Zen icon?

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    8 Posts

@DownPW exactly. Not really a new concept, and in all honesty, not something I’ve ever used.

If you consider the need to add links and references, or citations, you’d need to be able to see other parts of the screen!

• 13 Votes
    22 Posts
    1k Views

Been playing with the user profile page this afternoon. Thought I’d post a video as I’m really pleased with how this came out

• Adding fileWrite to nodebb code

Solved Configure
    5 Votes
    16 Posts

@eveh this might be a question for the NodeBB Devs themselves. In all honesty, I’m not entirely sure without having to research this myself.

• 4 Votes
    5 Posts

@phenomlab thanks 🙏

• Nodebb Hashtag plugin

Solved General
    1 Votes
    15 Posts

@jac Great ! I’ll close this off.