Skip to content

NodeBB v3 and Harmony Theme

Discussion

• 4 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab oh no, that is 1 cent on the video, but you are right, symbols are similar… I just converted it to $1 , since it is more intuitive in daily life…

• 2 Votes
    18 Posts

@Panda You’ll need to do that with js. With some quick CSS changes, it looks like this

d619844f-fbfe-4cf1-a283-6b7364f6bf18-image.png

The colour choice is still really hard on the eye, but at least you can now read the text

• 2 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda you’d be surprised. If you consider that you’d need to use the API to be able to populate a WordPress widget for example (which in turn would of course be PHP), taking this route is still immensely popular.

• Whitespace fixes in Nodebb

Solved Customisation
    7 Votes
    18 Posts

@Panda Just circling back here with something of an update (which I think you’ll like). I’ve completely restructured the ranking system. There are now less ranks, with a higher point threshold to reach them.

More importantly, if you reload the site, you’ll notice that the ranks are now icons.

I also removed the “Author” badge, and made this a single icon, which (to me) looks much better.

• 5 Votes
    16 Posts

@DownPW Yes, it is. It’s set far too low meaning other elements with a higher preference will sit over the top of it.

• Email validation NodeBB

Bugs
    3 Votes
    21 Posts

@Panda said in Email validation NodeBB:

Did you configure that as a custom change to the usual quote icon. How do you do that?
    I notice on NodeBB site its a solid blue quotes

Yes, I changed it. NodeBB by default users the free font awesome library whereas I use the pro (paid) version SDK have access to a wider set of icons, and at different thicknesses etc. The change of colour is just simple CSS.

• nodebb loading emojis

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    16 Posts

@DownPW sure. Let me have a look at this in more detail. I know nginx plus has extensive support for this, but it’s not impossible to get somewhere near acceptable with the standard version.

You might be better off handling this at the Cloudflare level given that it sits in between the requesting client and your server.

• 1 Votes
    6 Posts

@jac said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing:

@phenomlab said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing:

@jac are you using Custom ?

Sure am mate 👍🏻

Confirmed Fixed