Skip to content

How to install a self-hosted instance of iFramely for use with NodeBB

Configure

• 26 Votes
    63 Posts
    3k Views

@sebmegag hi. Welcome aboard! I’ve tried this on both iPhone and Android and it works fine. Did you double check the config you have?

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@mventures Yes, exactly. The other icon will restart NodeBB whilst the first icon I referenced will rebuild (recompile) it.

The huge strength of NodeBB over Flarum (for example) is that the code is precompiled, and called once at boot. PHP’s code has to repeatedly reload code from source making it much slower.

• nodebb loading emojis

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    16 Posts

@DownPW sure. Let me have a look at this in more detail. I know nginx plus has extensive support for this, but it’s not impossible to get somewhere near acceptable with the standard version.

You might be better off handling this at the Cloudflare level given that it sits in between the requesting client and your server.

• 5 Votes
    13 Posts
    'use strict'; const winston = require('winston'); const user = require('../user'); const notifications = require('../notifications'); const sockets = require('../socket.io'); const plugins = require('../plugins'); const meta = require('../meta'); module.exports = function (Messaging) { Messaging.notifyQueue = {}; // Only used to notify a user of a new chat message, see Messaging.notifyUser Messaging.notifyUsersInRoom = async (fromUid, roomId, messageObj) => { let uids = await Messaging.getUidsInRoom(roomId, 0, -1); uids = await user.blocks.filterUids(fromUid, uids); let data = { roomId: roomId, fromUid: fromUid, message: messageObj, uids: uids, }; data = await plugins.hooks.fire('filter:messaging.notify', data); if (!data || !data.uids || !data.uids.length) { return; } uids = data.uids; uids.forEach((uid) => { data.self = parseInt(uid, 10) === parseInt(fromUid, 10) ? 1 : 0; Messaging.pushUnreadCount(uid); sockets.in(`uid_${uid}`).emit('event:chats.receive', data); }); if (messageObj.system) { return; } // Delayed notifications let queueObj = Messaging.notifyQueue[`${fromUid}:${roomId}`]; if (queueObj) { queueObj.message.content += `\n${messageObj.content}`; clearTimeout(queueObj.timeout); } else { queueObj = { message: messageObj, }; Messaging.notifyQueue[`${fromUid}:${roomId}`] = queueObj; } queueObj.timeout = setTimeout(async () => { try { await sendNotifications(fromUid, uids, roomId, queueObj.message); } catch (err) { winston.error(`[messaging/notifications] Unabled to send notification\n${err.stack}`); } }, meta.config.notificationSendDelay * 1000); }; async function sendNotifications(fromuid, uids, roomId, messageObj) { const isOnline = await user.isOnline(uids); uids = uids.filter((uid, index) => !isOnline[index] && parseInt(fromuid, 10) !== parseInt(uid, 10)); if (!uids.length) { return; } if (roomId != 11) { // 5 Is the ID of the ID of the global chat room. Messaging.getUidsInRoom(roomId, 0, -1); // Proceed as normal. } else { user.getUidsFromSet('users:online', 0, -1); // Only notify online users. } const { displayname } = messageObj.fromUser; const isGroupChat = await Messaging.isGroupChat(roomId); const notification = await notifications.create({ type: isGroupChat ? 'new-group-chat' : 'new-chat', subject: `[[email:notif.chat.subject, ${displayname}]]`, bodyShort: `[[notifications:new_message_from, ${displayname}]]`, bodyLong: messageObj.content, nid: `chat_${fromuid}_${roomId}`, from: fromuid, path: `/chats/${messageObj.roomId}`, }); delete Messaging.notifyQueue[`${fromuid}:${roomId}`]; notifications.push(notification, uids); } };
  • 4 Votes
    8 Posts

@phenomlab
    Sorry to delay in responding, yes as i mentioned above, i had to remove my redis from docker and reinstall a new image with this command

docker run --name=redis -p 127.0.0.1:6379:6379 -d -t redis:alpine

and now when i test my ip and port on
    https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

the status of my redis port is closed. I think which to configure firewall in droplet digital ocean is a good idea too, and i will configure soon.
    Thanks for the help!

• iFramely self host help

Solved Configure
    9 Votes
    10 Posts
    1k Views

@DownPW https://sudonix.com/topic/331/how-to-install-a-self-hosted-instance-of-iframely-for-use-with-nodebb

• NodeBB Mess / Mongo DB

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    8 Posts

@Sampo2910 🙂 You’ll get that error if the .json file isn’t updated for latest release compliance - but you can still install from the CLI by using npm install nodebb-plugin-whateveritis

• Iframely (Nodebb)

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    40 Posts
    2k Views

@DownPW This is now resolved. The issue was an incorrect URL specified in the Nodebb plugin. I’ve corrected this, and now it works as intended.