Skip to content

fading in /tags page

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• Page control arrows for PWA

Solved Customisation
    25 Votes
    27 Posts

@crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems.

/** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android }

Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.

• 3 Votes
    5 Posts

@DownPW it’s possible, yes, but you may inadvertently end up targeting other elements using the same class which of course isn’t desired.

Can you provide a link in DM for me to review?

• 3 Votes
    16 Posts

@phenomlab
    Ah, got it working!
    I reversed the CSS addition to put z index high, and then I could see another error box saying fork title must be at least 3 characters.
    So made the new fork title longer and button responded.

• Smart Widgets

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    9 Posts

@Panda said in Smart Widgets:

So why is that, or conversely why would the function to expose username ever be required, as it seems app.user is already an available global object?

It is, yes, but not if you are using it outside of a widget. The function I wrote is also historical and comes from the 2.x train 🙂

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

@eeeee they are nothing to worry about, and can be ignored.

• NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    12 Posts

@phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!

• NodeBB Theme/Skin Switcher

Solved Customisation
    7 Votes
    38 Posts
    2k Views

@Teemberland great spot ! You should create a PR for that so they can include it in the official repository.

Just be aware that any subsequent releases will overwrite your fix without the PR.

• 4 Votes
    8 Posts

@crazycells hmm. Good point. I actually use my own version of the dark mode plugin, so not entirely sure. However, I think the CSS is probably the same. I’m not at my PC currently but can check and advise later.