Skip to content

Customising NodeBB

Locked Customisation

• 2 Votes
    4 Posts

@Panda said in Sidebar Widget is no longer on the side!:

Ah, so sidebar wont work on mobile?

Correct. If you review the docs on bootstrap, you’ll notice that it is designed on a grid system

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.0/layout/grid/

What I mean by changing the category is moving it on here to general as you posted it in bugs, when it isn’t.

• 4 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda said in Upgrade to NodeBB v3? 2BB or not 2BB, that is the question!:

So although thats a plugin it has Widget like element and stopped working on the Theme change

Which is normal based on the widgets being reset when you change themes.

• Email validation NodeBB

Bugs
    3 Votes
    21 Posts

@Panda said in Email validation NodeBB:

Did you configure that as a custom change to the usual quote icon. How do you do that?
    I notice on NodeBB site its a solid blue quotes

Yes, I changed it. NodeBB by default users the free font awesome library whereas I use the pro (paid) version SDK have access to a wider set of icons, and at different thicknesses etc. The change of colour is just simple CSS.

• 1 Votes
    4 Posts

@eeeee if you’re using the console, you could try

node app.js > app.log 2>&1

This would redirect stdout to a file named app.log and redirect stderr to stdout.

I’m not sure about standard logging under NodeBB, but there is an error log located at logs/error.log.

Failing that, you could always stop the NodeBB service then use ./nodebb dev from the console which would then provide debug output.

• 13 Votes
    22 Posts
    1k Views

Been playing with the user profile page this afternoon. Thought I’d post a video as I’m really pleased with how this came out

• Forum Icons NodeBB

Solved Customisation
    0 Votes
    13 Posts

@cagatay That matches what I see

4f0f858d-9812-42b1-9f61-ffb13d31dccd-image.png

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts

@RiekMedia hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?

• 9 Votes
    47 Posts
    4k Views

@phenomlab said in RSS parser script [NodeBB]:

@jac Not yet. Sorry. Have some other work commitments I need to prioritise. Hoping to get to this over the weekend.

No worries at all mate, thanks 👍🏻