Skip to content

move out from flarum to wordpress

WordPress

• WP / Woocommerce Mystery

Solved Configure
    12 Votes
    23 Posts

@Panda said in WP / Woocommerce Mystery:

Just back to my other question, have you ever used Shopify?
    It insists on a templating language to use any custom js.

Not personally as never had any need, however, I do know that it uses Liquid for JS templating. It’s written in Ruby and is used to generate dynamic content on shop fronts. There’s zero reason as to why it wouldn’t work with data supplied by 3rd party API’s, although WordPress code won’t natively work for obvious reasons, and as such, this code would need to be re-written.

The JS part will likely work with minor modification, but not the PHP file in it’s current form.

• 3 Votes
    5 Posts

@crazycells I know that Flarum has (or had) an extension that lists the users. That wasn’t even in the core - as basic as that is.

• 22 Votes
    59 Posts
    3k Views

@Sala I will likely need admin access to your site for this.

• WordPress site

General
    10 Votes
    118 Posts
    11k Views

@jac said in WordPress site:

It’s Wordpress OUT, and Ghost IN it seems! *preference based .

Even County’s site uses Wordpress 😉 . Although that does serve it’s purpose.

• Flarum

General
    0 Votes
    4 Posts

@jac said in Flarum:

@phenomlab said in Flarum:

@jac yes, but they are lacking severely in the sense that they still do not have a functional GDPR extension. In addition, Flarum uses PHP as it’s backend infrastructure meaning it’s going to be so much slower than NodeBB will ever be.

Absolutely, I hope Node up their game 😆😉.

Certainly plugin wise anyway 😉

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts

@phenomlab said in WordPress installation:

@jac that plugin is for single sign on between WordPress and NodeBB. The plugin you really need is this

Brilliant, that does look good! 😁

• CSS Help on my Flarum

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    5 Posts

@mike-jones Yes, you’ll typically see this type of behaviour if there is another style that has higher priority in the sense that yours will be overridden. Using !important will override the higher preference, but should be used sparingly rather than everywhere.

• 1 Votes
    12 Posts

@ash3t Great 🙂 Glad everything has worked out.