Solved Let's Build It
    12 Votes
    17 Posts

@phenomlab thanks a lot for these, both of the below are awesome! ♥

https://codepen.io/bennettfeely/pen/vYLmYJz

https://codepen.io/C-L-the-selector/pen/MWZbWBo

• 3 Votes
    5 Posts

@crazycells I know that Flarum has (or had) an extension that lists the users. That wasn’t even in the core - as basic as that is.

• 1 Votes
    7 Posts

Yes, I am aware that if users are given the option to enter alt text, some may do so in an abusive manner. For the time being, we’ve adjusted the php script to generate the alt automatically, thus there are no longer any SEO problem with alt images.

• 2 Votes
    10 Posts

@phenomlab thank you for information.

• 6 Votes
    15 Posts

@Hari said in Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it 😭:

Flarum is coded in such a way where it tells spiders not to crawl any internal links by adding nofollow tag. How stupid this is

Yes, I agree this doesn’t make any sense. If you compare to WordPress, then (via a plugin of course) you can set the attribute as you wish. It doesn’t make any sense to take a blanket approach. I guess I unerstand why they are doing this, but it’s not an optimum SEO methodology.

@Hari said in Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it 😭:

For few minutes i thought i should register a domain called flarumSEOsucks.com

They’d probably sue you for using the Flarum name in a URL 😕

• Flarum

General
    0 Votes
    4 Posts

@jac said in Flarum:

@phenomlab said in Flarum:

@jac yes, but they are lacking severely in the sense that they still do not have a functional GDPR extension. In addition, Flarum uses PHP as it’s backend infrastructure meaning it’s going to be so much slower than NodeBB will ever be.

Absolutely, I hope Node up their game 😆😉.

Certainly plugin wise anyway 😉

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts

@phenomlab said in WordPress installation:

@jac that plugin is for single sign on between WordPress and NodeBB. The plugin you really need is this

Brilliant, that does look good! 😁

• WordPress & NodeBB

Solved WordPress
    0 Votes
    6 Posts

@jac That won’t matter. You just redirect at nginx or apache level and it’ll work. The generally accepted standard though is to use a subdomain.