Skip to content

NodeBB Discord Plugins

Unsolved Customisation

• Nodebb icon on google page

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    9 Posts

@Panda It’s been raised multiple times, but only for the open source version, and not hosted.

• 2 Votes
    6 Posts

@dave1904 I’d start by adding a console.log function to hookData so you can see what is being returned

return hookData; console.log(hookData):
  • 2 Votes
    2 Posts

@cagatay this relates to a change the css classes used for the brand header meaning it will now float to the left instead of right.

If you’d like to retain the original behavior, you can add this css class

[data-widget-area="brand-header"] { justify-content: end; display: flex; }

Further information here

https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17090/manual-build-a-custom-header-in-harmony/19?_=1684069325296

• Forum Icons NodeBB

Solved Customisation
    0 Votes
    13 Posts

@cagatay That matches what I see

4f0f858d-9812-42b1-9f61-ffb13d31dccd-image.png

• 3 Votes
    9 Posts

The real issue here is that most people consider forums to be “dead” in the sense that nobody uses them anymore, and social media groups have taken their place. Their once dominant stance in the 90’s and early 00’s will never be experienced again, but having said that, there are a number of forums that did in fact survive the social media onslaught, and still enjoy a large user base.

Forums tend to be niche. One that immediately sticks out is Reddit - despite looking like it was designed in the 80s, it still has an enormous user base. Another is Stack Overflow, which needs no introduction. The key to any forum is the content it offers, and the more people whom contribute in terms of posting , the more popular and widely respected it becomes as a reliable source of information.

Forums are still intensely popular with gamers, alongside those that offer tips on hacking etc.

• 2 Votes
    10 Posts

@DownPW

We just have to change the cycles automatically according to each period ?

Yes, this is by far the safest

I think it is possible to achieve the goal, I have already seen this kind of thing on a site without any perf problems.

It’s certainly possible, but not without issues or impact to performance (in my view)

• 38 Votes
    193 Posts
    29k Views

OMG make sense

Thanks dude 🙂

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts

@downpw I’m inclined to agree with this. There isn’t much else you can do, and provided it works with no odd looking artefacts in other browsers, then ok. The :before and :after are pseudo classes and very well supported across all browsers (except perhaps Internet Exploder, but who uses that these days ?)