Skip to content

Fixed background to nodebb forum

Solved Configure

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• 3 Votes
    12 Posts

@crazycells ah, I see. That makes sense.

• 1 Votes
    10 Posts

@Panda because there is no match for the DNS entry specified. The receiving web server parses the headers looking for a destination hostname to match, and anything the web server is unable to resolve will be sent back to the root.

• Composer options on nodebb

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda You should be able to expose the CSS for these using F12 to get into console

3591518c-e3a3-4ada-a43c-6b32a5e0359c-image.png

a2b8ed46-4157-4ff2-85f0-576543380107-image.png

That should then expose the element once selected

89d9c545-a47a-40d1-98f4-80cf3b958e8f-image.png

Here’s the below CSS you need based on the screenshot provided.

.composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="picture-o"], .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="spoiler"] { display: none; }
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@Panda as, yes, now I understand and that makes 100% sense. It means those who get down voted can still have an opinion and use common services.

And yes, you’re right. Rather than down vote, just ignore if you don’t agree.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@mventures Yes, exactly. The other icon will restart NodeBB whilst the first icon I referenced will rebuild (recompile) it.

The huge strength of NodeBB over Flarum (for example) is that the code is precompiled, and called once at boot. PHP’s code has to repeatedly reload code from source making it much slower.

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@phenomlab

In fact I specified the sub rep and not the rep

DON’T DO THIS:

nodebb@nodebbpwclonedb:~/nodebb$ sudo mongorestore --username admin --password XXXXXXXXXXXXXX --nsInclude nodebb.objects --drop /home/nodebb/nodebb_DB_20230107/nodebb/

BUT THIS :

nodebb@nodebbpwclonedb:~/nodebb$ sudo mongorestore --username admin --password XXXXXXXXXXXXXX --nsInclude nodebb.objects --drop /home/nodebb/nodebb_DB_20230107/

🙂

• 4 Votes
    8 Posts

@crazycells hmm. Good point. I actually use my own version of the dark mode plugin, so not entirely sure. However, I think the CSS is probably the same. I’m not at my PC currently but can check and advise later.

• Iframely (Nodebb)

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    40 Posts
    2k Views

@DownPW This is now resolved. The issue was an incorrect URL specified in the Nodebb plugin. I’ve corrected this, and now it works as intended.