Skip to content

RSS parser script [NodeBB]

Customisation

• 3 Votes
    12 Posts

@crazycells ah, I see. That makes sense.

• 2 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda you’d be surprised. If you consider that you’d need to use the API to be able to populate a WordPress widget for example (which in turn would of course be PHP), taking this route is still immensely popular.

• Composer options on nodebb

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda You should be able to expose the CSS for these using F12 to get into console

3591518c-e3a3-4ada-a43c-6b32a5e0359c-image.png

a2b8ed46-4157-4ff2-85f0-576543380107-image.png

That should then expose the element once selected

89d9c545-a47a-40d1-98f4-80cf3b958e8f-image.png

Here’s the below CSS you need based on the screenshot provided.

.composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="picture-o"], .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="spoiler"] { display: none; }
  • NodeBB upgrade now cant post

Solved Bugs
    2 Votes
    5 Posts

@Panda yes, for some reason, that is the case. If you need an urgent response, it’s probably better to post here because of the time difference.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@mventures Yes, exactly. The other icon will restart NodeBB whilst the first icon I referenced will rebuild (recompile) it.

The huge strength of NodeBB over Flarum (for example) is that the code is precompiled, and called once at boot. PHP’s code has to repeatedly reload code from source making it much slower.

• NodeBB inline videoplayer

Solved Customisation
    3 Votes
    12 Posts

@phenomlab
    YAY! It works
    Thanks so much

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh Welcome board 🙂

The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps

Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; }

Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.

• 2 Votes
    10 Posts

@DownPW

We just have to change the cycles automatically according to each period ?

Yes, this is by far the safest

I think it is possible to achieve the goal, I have already seen this kind of thing on a site without any perf problems.

It’s certainly possible, but not without issues or impact to performance (in my view)