Skip to content

NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install

Solved Configure

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• Page control arrows for PWA

Solved Customisation
    25 Votes
    27 Posts

@crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems.

/** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android }

Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.

• 1 Votes
    10 Posts

@Panda because there is no match for the DNS entry specified. The receiving web server parses the headers looking for a destination hostname to match, and anything the web server is unable to resolve will be sent back to the root.

• 11 Votes
    47 Posts
    3k Views

@DownPW Seems fine.

• 8 Votes
    35 Posts
    2k Views

@cagatay No, you can ignore that.

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@phenomlab

In fact I specified the sub rep and not the rep

DON’T DO THIS:

nodebb@nodebbpwclonedb:~/nodebb$ sudo mongorestore --username admin --password XXXXXXXXXXXXXX --nsInclude nodebb.objects --drop /home/nodebb/nodebb_DB_20230107/nodebb/

BUT THIS :

nodebb@nodebbpwclonedb:~/nodebb$ sudo mongorestore --username admin --password XXXXXXXXXXXXXX --nsInclude nodebb.objects --drop /home/nodebb/nodebb_DB_20230107/

🙂

• restarting nodebb on boot

Unsolved Configure
    1 Votes
    3 Posts

@eeeee said in restarting nodebb on boot:

can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts?

It’s a better method. Nodemon just looks for file system changes and would effectively die if the server was rebooted meaning you’d have to start it again anyway. Systemd is the defacto standard which is how the operating system interacts in terms of services, scheduled tasks etc.

• Custom badges

Solved Customisation
    49 Votes
    103 Posts
    9k Views

Perfect 😉

• Iframely (Nodebb)

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    40 Posts
    2k Views

@DownPW This is now resolved. The issue was an incorrect URL specified in the Nodebb plugin. I’ve corrected this, and now it works as intended.