Skip to content

Q&A Plugin Changes NodeBB

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• Email validation NodeBB

Bugs
    3 Votes
    21 Posts

@Panda said in Email validation NodeBB:

Did you configure that as a custom change to the usual quote icon. How do you do that?
    I notice on NodeBB site its a solid blue quotes

Yes, I changed it. NodeBB by default users the free font awesome library whereas I use the pro (paid) version SDK have access to a wider set of icons, and at different thicknesses etc. The change of colour is just simple CSS.

• 2 Votes
    19 Posts

@phenomlab Work now 😉

• restarting nodebb on boot

Unsolved Configure
    1 Votes
    3 Posts

@eeeee said in restarting nodebb on boot:

can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts?

It’s a better method. Nodemon just looks for file system changes and would effectively die if the server was rebooted meaning you’d have to start it again anyway. Systemd is the defacto standard which is how the operating system interacts in terms of services, scheduled tasks etc.

• Gettin Erors NodeBB

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab no forum is working goods.
    there is no eror message since yestarday.

• NodeBB Theme/Skin Switcher

Solved Customisation
    7 Votes
    38 Posts
    2k Views

@Teemberland great spot ! You should create a PR for that so they can include it in the official repository.

Just be aware that any subsequent releases will overwrite your fix without the PR.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts

@cagatay You’d target the body tag and use the below line of CSS

background: url(/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default.png) no-repeat center center fixed;

Obviously, you need to change the path to suit where your image is being stored.

More info around the background property can be found here

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background.php

• 13 Votes
    21 Posts
    2k Views

@pobojmoks that’s easily done by modifying the code provided here so that it targets background rather than border

In essence, the below should work

$(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) { var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid"); var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color"); console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color); $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "background-color: " + color); }); }); });
  • [NODEBB] Welcome Message

Solved Customisation
    13 Votes
    18 Posts
    2k Views

For anyone reviewing this post, there’s an updated version here that also includes an sunrise / sun / moon icon depending on the time of day

https://sudonix.com/topic/233/nodebb-welcome-message-with-logo-footer-change/3?_=1645445273209