Skip to content

[NodeBB] First post customization

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• NodeBB upgrade now cant post

Solved Bugs
    2 Votes
    5 Posts

@Panda yes, for some reason, that is the case. If you need an urgent response, it’s probably better to post here because of the time difference.

• 11 Votes
    47 Posts
    3k Views

@DownPW Seems fine.

• 14 Votes
    69 Posts
    5k Views

@phenomlab

Seems to be better with some scaling fix for redis on redis.conf. I haven’t seen the message yet since the changes I made

# I increase it to the value of /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn tcp-backlog 4096 # I'm uncommenting because it can slow down Redis. Uncommented by default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #save 900 1 #save 300 10 #save 60 10000

If you have other Redis optimizations. I take all your advice

https://severalnines.com/blog/performance-tuning-redis/

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh Welcome board 🙂

The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps

Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; }

Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.

• 5 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab

I love it too

@phenomlab said in Blinking text Effect:

Has that “broken neon light” look that you see in films.

It’s exactly that, kind of old neon signs of bar or pubs a bit cyberpunk too 😉

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@pwsincd hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?

• 3 Votes
    12 Posts

@cagatay you’ll need to define this in the body tag (or another element if you want greater or more granular targets) - for example

body { font-family: "Poppins"; font-size: 16px; }

Essentially, you use the font-size CSS directive.

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts

@downpw ooops. Forgot that. Thanks for adding.