Switch between list and card view function

Moved Let's Build It

• 5 Votes
    3 Posts

Very good like always 😉

• 15 Votes
    51 Posts
    2k Views

Oh yes, that’s what’s super cool, I learn something every day. Afterwards I start from so low in JS

• 14 Votes
    14 Posts

Just circling back here as I’ve been helping @cagatay this morning on his site, and noticed that if you use a mixture of fa-brands and fa-solid then the code supplied above may produce some odd looking results.

If this is the case, replace the function with this

$(document).ready(function() { $.getJSON('/api/categories', function(data, status) { $.each(data.categories, function(key, value) { var iconClass = 'fa'; // Default to 'fa' if the icon type is not recognized // Check if the icon is FontAwesome Unicode if (this.icon.startsWith('&#x') || this.icon.startsWith('&#xf')) { iconClass = 'fa'; } else if (this.icon.startsWith('fab')) { iconClass = 'fab'; } var categorylist = $(" \ <li class='dropdown-item tree-root'><span class='category-menu'><i class='" + iconClass + " " + this.icon + "'></i><a style='display: inherit;' class='dropdown-item rounded-1' href='/category/" + this.slug + "'>" + this.name + "</a></span></li> \ <ul class='tree-branch' style='list-style: none;'>" + this.children.map(c => { var childIconClass = 'fa'; // Default to 'fa' for child icons // Check if the child icon is FontAwesome Unicode if (c.icon.startsWith('&#x') || c.icon.startsWith('&#xf')) { childIconClass = 'fas'; } else if (c.icon.startsWith('fab')) { childIconClass = 'fab'; } return `<li class='dropdown-item tree-node'><span class='category-menu-tree-node'><i class='${childIconClass} ${c.icon}'></i><a class='dropdown-item rounded-1' style='display: inherit;' href='/category/${c.slug}'>${c.name}</a></span></li>`; }).join(" ") + "</ul>" ); if ($(window).width() < 767) { $(".bottombar #thecategories").append(categorylist); } else { $(".sidebar-left #thecategories").append(categorylist); } }); }); });

In fact, if you want to replace it anyway to make your experience “future proof”, you can use this code now 🙂

• chat list navbar

Solved Customisation
    3 Votes
    30 Posts
    2k Views

No no it’s ok @phenomlab
    I just comment the 2 lines mentionned aboves 😉

• 3 Votes
    2 Posts

@pwsincd welcome to sudonix, and thanks for the comments. What your looking for is here

https://sudonix.com/topic/195/nodebb-welcome-message/3?_=1648295651358

• 38 Votes
    193 Posts
    29k Views

OMG make sense

Thanks dude 🙂

• 24 Votes
    112 Posts
    13k Views

@DownPW as discussed in PM

Seems to have been solved with the new JS code that you added allowing the version CSS file change!!

Cache problem therefore with the JS of the Switcher theme

Based on this, I will close this thread and reference
    https://sudonix.com/topic/207/nodebb-help-for-my-custom-css/27

• CSS Help on my Flarum

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    5 Posts

@mike-jones Yes, you’ll typically see this type of behaviour if there is another style that has higher priority in the sense that yours will be overridden. Using !important will override the higher preference, but should be used sparingly rather than everywhere.