Skip to content

nodebb error logs

Bugs

• Page control arrows for PWA

Solved Customisation
    25 Votes
    27 Posts

@crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems.

/** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android }

Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.

• Nodebb 3.2.0

Bugs
    2 Votes
    20 Posts

@crazycells yes, I’m aware of that. Need to fix

EDIT- fixed. Caused by the same CSS that is used to absolutely position the “verified” group badge in the posts view. Amended this CSS so that is specifically targets the post stream as below

li[component="post"] a[href*="/groups/verified"] { position: absolute !important; left: 8px; z-index: 2; margin-top: 1px; border-radius: 999px !important; line-height: 14px; display: block; height: 22px; margin-left: 0px !important; }
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@Panda as, yes, now I understand and that makes 100% sense. It means those who get down voted can still have an opinion and use common services.

And yes, you’re right. Rather than down vote, just ignore if you don’t agree.

• NodeBB: Creating pages

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    9 Posts

OK, I think I have figured out how to place a link in the footer which will click to a new page.

• 3 Votes
    11 Posts

@cagatay no problems

• [NodeBB] username cards

Solved Customisation
    5 Votes
    8 Posts

@phenomlab

Aha…nice to know. As always thank you for the reply and information.

• Nodebb Hashtag plugin

Solved General
    1 Votes
    15 Posts

@jac Great ! I’ll close this off.

• WordPress & NodeBB

Solved WordPress
    0 Votes
    6 Posts

@jac That won’t matter. You just redirect at nginx or apache level and it’ll work. The generally accepted standard though is to use a subdomain.