Skip to content

Custom html in nodebb to prevent cache

Unsolved Configure

• 1 Votes
    23 Posts
    2k Views

@DownPW it’s your only realistic option at this stage.

• 2 Votes
    3 Posts

Ah silly me, thanks for finding that!

• Composer options on nodebb

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda You should be able to expose the CSS for these using F12 to get into console

3591518c-e3a3-4ada-a43c-6b32a5e0359c-image.png

a2b8ed46-4157-4ff2-85f0-576543380107-image.png

That should then expose the element once selected

89d9c545-a47a-40d1-98f4-80cf3b958e8f-image.png

Here’s the below CSS you need based on the screenshot provided.

.composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="picture-o"], .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="spoiler"] { display: none; }
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts

@mventures the swatch feature you refer to isn’t a NodeBB plugin, but a utility that I wrote that handles this. It is available for v2 (as you can see here) but I’ve stopped developing and releasing the code because it has been entirely rewritten to work for v3.

If you’d like the code, this is possible, but you’ll need to upgrade to v3 first.

• NodeBB: Creating pages

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    9 Posts

OK, I think I have figured out how to place a link in the footer which will click to a new page.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@mventures Yes, exactly. The other icon will restart NodeBB whilst the first icon I referenced will rebuild (recompile) it.

The huge strength of NodeBB over Flarum (for example) is that the code is precompiled, and called once at boot. PHP’s code has to repeatedly reload code from source making it much slower.

• nodebb loading emojis

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    16 Posts

@DownPW sure. Let me have a look at this in more detail. I know nginx plus has extensive support for this, but it’s not impossible to get somewhere near acceptable with the standard version.

You might be better off handling this at the Cloudflare level given that it sits in between the requesting client and your server.

• 3 Votes
    2 Posts

@pwsincd welcome to sudonix, and thanks for the comments. What your looking for is here

https://sudonix.com/topic/195/nodebb-welcome-message/3?_=1648295651358