Skip to content

Fresher in Nodebb install

General

• Composer Zen icon?

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    8 Posts

@DownPW exactly. Not really a new concept, and in all honesty, not something I’ve ever used.

If you consider the need to add links and references, or citations, you’d need to be able to see other parts of the screen!

• Where are widgets stored?

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab Thanks, have DMed you

• Composer options on nodebb

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda You should be able to expose the CSS for these using F12 to get into console

3591518c-e3a3-4ada-a43c-6b32a5e0359c-image.png

a2b8ed46-4157-4ff2-85f0-576543380107-image.png

That should then expose the element once selected

89d9c545-a47a-40d1-98f4-80cf3b958e8f-image.png

Here’s the below CSS you need based on the screenshot provided.

.composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="picture-o"], .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="spoiler"] { display: none; }
  • 12 Votes
    47 Posts
    2k Views

@dave1904 just coming back to this thread as @DownPW and I both experienced issues with other plugins today, and the fix was to use the plugin ordering in the ACP and move the Harmony theme to the very top so it comes before everything else in terms of other plugins.

It might be worth at least trying this to see if it gives you a result rather than the previous bulldozer approach. Thinking about it, the previous fix I proposed is along the same lines and disabling plugins does in fact change the order when they are enabled again, so this is definitely worth a try.

Let me know how you get on.

• NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    12 Posts

@phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!

• NodeBB v2.4.0

Solved General
    2 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab As always…Thank you.

Worked for me.

• NodeBB vs Flarum for a non developer

Solved General
    10 Votes
    17 Posts

@marusaky That’s really easily done. I think the docs need updating for the latest release. Did you land up on the 18.x train ?

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts

@downpw I’m inclined to agree with this. There isn’t much else you can do, and provided it works with no odd looking artefacts in other browsers, then ok. The :before and :after are pseudo classes and very well supported across all browsers (except perhaps Internet Exploder, but who uses that these days ?)