Skip to content

Editing a reputation for a user in a nodeBB based forum

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• Smart Widgets

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    9 Posts

@Panda said in Smart Widgets:

So why is that, or conversely why would the function to expose username ever be required, as it seems app.user is already an available global object?

It is, yes, but not if you are using it outside of a widget. The function I wrote is also historical and comes from the 2.x train 🙂

• Gettin Erors NodeBB

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab no forum is working goods.
    there is no eror message since yestarday.

• NodeBB Theme/Skin Switcher

Solved Customisation
    7 Votes
    38 Posts
    2k Views

@Teemberland great spot ! You should create a PR for that so they can include it in the official repository.

Just be aware that any subsequent releases will overwrite your fix without the PR.

• Rotating homepage icons, gifs?

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh It’s not a GIF, no. It’s actually a webp file so made much smaller, and uses keyframes to control the rotation on hover. You can easily make your own though 🙂

The CSS for that is as below

@keyframes rotate180 { from { transform: rotate(0deg); } to { transform: rotate(180deg); } } @keyframes rotate0 { from { transform: rotate(180deg); } to { transform: rotate(0deg); } }

Your milage may vary on the CSS below, as it’s custom for Sudonix, but this is the class that is used to control the rotate

.header .forum-logo, img.forum-logo.head { max-height: 50px; width: auto; height: 30px; margin-top: 9px; max-width: 150px; min-width: 32px; display: inline-block; animation-name: rotate180, rotate0; animation-duration: 1000ms; animation-delay: 0s, 1000ms; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-timing-function: linear; transition: transform 1000ms ease-in-out; }
  • Bootstrap Version

Solved Customisation
    5 Votes
    8 Posts

@phenomlab That will be nice once they have completed that. It will be interesting to see how long that takes. So for now I will use custom css to make it look the way I want. Frameworks just make things a little faster. Thanks @phenomlab

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@pwsincd hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?

• 4 Votes
    25 Posts
    2k Views

Topic open
    https://sudonix.com/topic/207/nodebb-help-for-my-custom-css

• 4 Votes
    5 Posts

@phenomlab thanks 🙏