Skip to content

Headless CMS, anyone have experience with these?

General

• 13 Votes
    27 Posts
    2k Views

yuuuuu.png

• 4 Votes
    11 Posts

@Hari Really? Can you elaborate a bit more here?

• Embeds

General
    4 Votes
    4 Posts

@OT Are you testing embeds, or did you insert this link for another purpose? For clarity, this isn’t a testing category 🙂

• 3 Votes
    11 Posts

For anyone else following this thread

https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17402/change-in-reply-to-xxxx-text

And

https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/commit/f2152953cddd3247746ef393516b0a53ba7750a4

• 1 Votes
    4 Posts

@Vijay-Kumavat-0 I think you’d be better off customising the plugin above to be honest. It seems like you’d be reinventing the wheel otherwise.

I’d modify

/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-rewards-essentials/lib/conditions.js
    /nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-rewards-essentials/lib/rewards.js

These seem to be the two files that control what is in the dropdown lists.

• 14 Votes
    14 Posts

Just circling back here as I’ve been helping @cagatay this morning on his site, and noticed that if you use a mixture of fa-brands and fa-solid then the code supplied above may produce some odd looking results.

If this is the case, replace the function with this

$(document).ready(function() { $.getJSON('/api/categories', function(data, status) { $.each(data.categories, function(key, value) { var iconClass = 'fa'; // Default to 'fa' if the icon type is not recognized // Check if the icon is FontAwesome Unicode if (this.icon.startsWith('&#x') || this.icon.startsWith('&#xf')) { iconClass = 'fa'; } else if (this.icon.startsWith('fab')) { iconClass = 'fab'; } var categorylist = $(" \ <li class='dropdown-item tree-root'><span class='category-menu'><i class='" + iconClass + " " + this.icon + "'></i><a style='display: inherit;' class='dropdown-item rounded-1' href='/category/" + this.slug + "'>" + this.name + "</a></span></li> \ <ul class='tree-branch' style='list-style: none;'>" + this.children.map(c => { var childIconClass = 'fa'; // Default to 'fa' for child icons // Check if the child icon is FontAwesome Unicode if (c.icon.startsWith('&#x') || c.icon.startsWith('&#xf')) { childIconClass = 'fas'; } else if (c.icon.startsWith('fab')) { childIconClass = 'fab'; } return `<li class='dropdown-item tree-node'><span class='category-menu-tree-node'><i class='${childIconClass} ${c.icon}'></i><a class='dropdown-item rounded-1' style='display: inherit;' href='/category/${c.slug}'>${c.name}</a></span></li>`; }).join(" ") + "</ul>" ); if ($(window).width() < 767) { $(".bottombar #thecategories").append(categorylist); } else { $(".sidebar-left #thecategories").append(categorylist); } }); }); });

In fact, if you want to replace it anyway to make your experience “future proof”, you can use this code now 🙂

• 26 Votes
    51 Posts
    3k Views

@JAC yeah, I’ve never seen the appeal. I tried to get into LinkedIn a while back and then gave up because it’s just chock full of people who have far too much time on their hands telling anyone who will listen about how great they are and what they have achieved.

Actions speak louder than words.

• 15 Votes
    26 Posts
    1k Views

@JAC ALWAYS shop around. Bitdefender, despite being a great product, have a habit of charging more for a renewal than they do a new subscription!