Skip to content

nodebb-plugin-customize error

Solved Customisation
  • Ich habe darüber versucht das cover image von der gruppe selbst anzupassen so wie du es mit dem profil cover gemacht hast, because I couldn’t do that with css

[MOD-EDIT]: I tried to adapt the cover image of the group itself like you did with the profile cover, because I couldn’t do that with css

backround-size: auto;

89ae447b-c9fe-4923-b3b1-4be30707ad0e-image.png

• @riekmedia You could use negative CSS for this ?

.groups.list {
        margin-top: -10px;
    }

Adjust -10px to the negative value you want

• @phenomlab
    You get me wrong, it’s not just about me, it’s about the picture above. The dark gray default cover picture.

I’m trying to fit the picture to the width, height

We had the same problem with our own profile, so if you remember, we solved it with backround-size auto.

I am now trying to do the same with the cover pictures of the groups. Go on a group on it with a browser then you will see it live. That shatters the whole theme 🙂

Look at the screenshoot.

My Profile cover fixed

fc4f3d94-1798-4619-b551-00df2ba7009c-image.png

Groupdetails cover not fixed

e3019fcb-43b4-4fcd-81a2-3fdc46351d73-image.png

And I don’t mean the group list but the group details

• @riekmedia First things first 🙂

You may notice that in the profile page, you cannot click the dropdown menu (the button with the three dots)

32aec8f1-6ce4-4232-936b-1cd483e4e776-image.png

Clicking this button does nothing because the element sits behind the image meaning it is no longer clickable. The below CSS will fix that

.btn-group.account-fab {
        z-index: 1000;
    }

For the Groups issue, try this. Note that the background-image section of this will remove the actual image added by NodeBB, but will leave yours intact.

@media (min-width: 992px) {
    .groups.details [component="groups/cover"] {
        background-size: auto;
        background-image: none !important;
    }
    }
    [component="groups/container"] {
        margin-top: 0px !important;
    }
  • @phenomlab it work, thanks 🙂

• phenomlabundefined phenomlab has marked this topic as solved on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• 5 Votes
    4 Posts

@DownPW thanks. I forgot about that.

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@Sala This should look better

.sidenav .navbar-brand { padding-top: 0.5rem; padding-bottom: 0.5rem; }

e5cec20e-be36-4ee8-9129-fd11ad4656ac-image.png

You can increase the top and bottom padding by increasing the values above.

• 3 Votes
    11 Posts

@cagatay no problems

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh Welcome board 🙂

The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps

Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; }

Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.

• NodeBB Footer

Solved Customisation
    1 Votes
    10 Posts

@phenomlab said in NodeBB Footer:

@jac and you. Hope all is well and you recover quickly

Thanks pal 😁🤝🏻

• Social icon (Nodebb)

Solved Customisation
    0 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab said in Social icon (Nodebb):

@jac I just tested my theory around using the OG image, and according to the Twitter card validator, it works fine

73e805e1-997b-41bf-9259-51c5052ca8fc-image.png

fixed 🙂

• 9 Votes
    47 Posts
    4k Views

@phenomlab said in RSS parser script [NodeBB]:

@jac Not yet. Sorry. Have some other work commitments I need to prioritise. Hoping to get to this over the weekend.

No worries at all mate, thanks 👍🏻

• 1 Votes
    6 Posts

@jac said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing:

@phenomlab said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing:

@jac are you using Custom ?

Sure am mate 👍🏻

Confirmed Fixed