Skip to content

View / terminate multiple instances of a process in Windows

Tips

• 4 Votes
    12 Posts

@Hari Yes, that’s one (of many) I would recommend. It’s going to be easier to do this under Windows and the fact that you are already connected using SMB is a huge plus.

• 13 Votes
    30 Posts
    1k Views

Here’s a small modification to the chatBanner function that will place the message just above the composer/reply component meaning it is pinned at the bottom and always in view as a reminder. I’ve made this change to support the threadedChat I’m currently developing

// Chat message banner function chatBanner() { var roomName = $("h5[component='chat/header/title']").text().trim(); var bannerContent; if (roomName === "Testing 3") { bannerContent = '<div id="chatbanner">This message will fire for chat rooms with the title of "Testing 3"</div>'; } else { bannerContent = '<div id="chatbanner">This session is for <strong>private discussion only</strong> between the chosen participants. Please do <strong>not</strong> place support requests here and create a <a href="#" onclick="app.newTopic();">new topic</a> instead.</div>'; } var chatMessagesContainer = $('[component="chat/system-message"]:last-of-type'); //var existingMessages = $('[component="chat/message"]'); var existingMessages = $('[component="chat/composer"]'); if (existingMessages.length === 0) { // If there are no messages, append the banner to the messages container chatMessagesContainer.first().after(bannerContent); } else { // If there are messages, add the banner after the last message // existingMessages.last().after(bannerContent); existingMessages.before(bannerContent); } }

There are only two changes here:

var existingMessages = $('[component="chat/message"]');

becomes

var existingMessages = $('[component="chat/composer"]');

and

existingMessages.last().after(bannerContent);

becomes

existingMessages.before(bannerContent);
  • 3 Votes
    6 Posts

Seems like Google is finally crawling this site. And, “crawling” in the sense that it’s still extremely slow …

• 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 6 Votes
    7 Posts

@crazycells yes, this is something I see on a daily basis and despite how shockingly simple it is to conduct SIM jacking, it seems that several of the USA based banks are reluctant to switch to at least TOTP in the same sense as the USA has been extremely slow to adopt chip and pin - something Europe has been making use of for years.

And they wonder why cheque and wire fraud is rife in America.

• Invalid CSRF on dev install

Moved Solved Tips
    5 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views

@小城风雨多 Looking at the above, it seems you are missing the command to use nodebb for example. Otherwise, you are running the command against the admin database 🙂 Made that mistake myself before…

• 5 Votes
    14 Posts

@phenomlab we are okay with it at this moment but this is what i see

5084e54f-ab2a-4c3a-b76c-1b7ba0ff134f-image.png

@phenomlab said in Windows 11 doesn't support AMD processors...:

GEO block

true when i load using CF VPN it loads fastly

• 2 Votes
    28 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab said in Advantages and disadvantages of changing to Ubuntu?:

@jac Yeah, I wouldn’t just leap into it unless you have a valid reason (such as the laptop no longer working and needing to be reinstalled). Probably better the devil you know currently.

Absolutely mate, and generally as discussed that is the only time I have changed over to Ubuntu once the laptop has got slower.

For now I will carry on with Windows, purchase the VPN & BitDefender in later October / early November and then see how all that runs for a few more months 👍🏻.