Skip to content

View / terminate multiple instances of a process in Windows

Tips

• 4 Votes
    12 Posts

@Hari Yes, that’s one (of many) I would recommend. It’s going to be easier to do this under Windows and the fact that you are already connected using SMB is a huge plus.

• 1 Votes
    3 Posts

@Panda said in Wasting time on a system that hangs on boot:

Why do you prefer to use KDE Linux distro, over say Ubuntu?

A matter of taste really. I’ve tried pretty much every Linux distro out there over the years, and whilst I started with Ubuntu, I used Linux mint for a long time also. All of them are Debian backed anyway 😁

I guess I feel in love with KDE (Neon) because of the amount of effort they’d gone to in relation to the UI.

I agree about the lead and the OS statement which is why I suspect that Windows simply ignored it (although the Device also worked fine there, so it clearly wasn’t that faulty)

• 3 Votes
    6 Posts

Seems like Google is finally crawling this site. And, “crawling” in the sense that it’s still extremely slow …

• 3 Votes
    5 Posts

@DownPW Same here.

• 4 Votes
    2 Posts

@phenomlab this is useful 👍 thanks

• 6 Votes
    7 Posts

@crazycells yes, this is something I see on a daily basis and despite how shockingly simple it is to conduct SIM jacking, it seems that several of the USA based banks are reluctant to switch to at least TOTP in the same sense as the USA has been extremely slow to adopt chip and pin - something Europe has been making use of for years.

And they wonder why cheque and wire fraud is rife in America.

• 5 Votes
    14 Posts

@phenomlab we are okay with it at this moment but this is what i see

5084e54f-ab2a-4c3a-b76c-1b7ba0ff134f-image.png

@phenomlab said in Windows 11 doesn't support AMD processors...:

GEO block

true when i load using CF VPN it loads fastly

• 2 Votes
    28 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab said in Advantages and disadvantages of changing to Ubuntu?:

@jac Yeah, I wouldn’t just leap into it unless you have a valid reason (such as the laptop no longer working and needing to be reinstalled). Probably better the devil you know currently.

Absolutely mate, and generally as discussed that is the only time I have changed over to Ubuntu once the laptop has got slower.

For now I will carry on with Windows, purchase the VPN & BitDefender in later October / early November and then see how all that runs for a few more months 👍🏻.