Skip to content

[NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation💗

• 6 Votes
    15 Posts

No no, I said that in the sense that he told me it was simple ^^
    I was able to see that this was not the case by targeting the elements he had advised me.

• Forum Icons NodeBB

Solved Customisation
    0 Votes
    13 Posts

@cagatay That matches what I see

4f0f858d-9812-42b1-9f61-ffb13d31dccd-image.png

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh Welcome board 🙂

The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps

Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; }

Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.

• 2 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab said in NodeBB changing color of the text:

@marusaky This ought to to it

a.permalink, a.permalink:active, a.permalink:focus, a.permalink:hover { color: #ffffff; }

works great, thanks a lot

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts

@RiekMedia hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?

• nodebb-plugin-customize error

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    25 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab it work, thanks 🙂

• 2 Votes
    4 Posts

@phenomlab said in How to set a signature in NodeBB?:

@jac No issues at all with copying. This is set using the signature for the user you are posting as. In the case of Hostrisk, it’s set like the below

7bf04183-f6e8-4d72-b0eb-c9a05c9cd24b-image.png

You can set the signature by using https://domain.com/user/theuser/edit

Mamy thanks Mark, I’ll set this up later 😁.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab many thanks Mark 😁.