Skip to content

Clustering for NodeBB enabled

Announcements

• 7 Votes
    9 Posts

@crazycells that’s as good a test as any 🙂

• 6 Votes
    4 Posts

@cagatay these changes aren’t published anywhere presently, so nothing for you to do.

• 3 Votes
    2 Posts

@phenomlab very nice and useful idea

Bravo Xd GIF

• 16 Votes
    21 Posts
    1k Views

I relented somewhat here and added another swatch - one I missed, which was previous called “blackout”. This specific one has been adapted to work on the new theming engine, but the others have been reclassified, and renamed to suit.

image.png

As a result, the theme you might have had will probably be reflecting something else, so you (might) need to change your themes accordingly. The changes are as follows

Light -> No Change
    Cloudy -> Is now the old “Dim”
    Dim -> Is now the old “Dark”
    Dark -> Now a new theme based on the revamped “Blackout”

• 22 Votes
    21 Posts
    1k Views

Already found 2 bugs, which have been committed to live code

Relative path is provided in some instances, so a function now exists to return the full path instead so the image is rendered OGProxy does not target chat - this has been fixed
  • NodeBB v3

Announcements
    3 Votes
    2 Posts

@cagatay JS will work fine - no changes there, and there are no plans to drop support for jQuery. More of an issue is the CSS - for which there are quite a few breaking changes. Keep an eye on sudonix.dev (my development site) where you can see progress in relation to how I am tackling the compatibility issues.

• 5 Votes
    2 Posts

Just coming back to this thread for review (as I often do), and it looks like Webdock have increased their available offerings - some are extremely powerful, yet very competitive from the pricing perspective.

image.png

10 CPU cores, plus 20Gb RAM? Well worth a look (and the asking price) - there’s also a fixed IP which is hugely beneficial.

Clearly, this is well beyond what most people will want to spend - it’s more of an example (but interestingly, Sudonix runs on something not too different from the above).

However, not all that glitters is gold 😕 - just have a walk through the benchmark report I found below and you’ll see a huge difference between Heztner and Webdock

https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/compare/hetzner_vs_webdock

That being said, the amount of HTTP requests that Webdock handles in relation to Hetzner is superior - @DownPW you might want to have a look at this - there’s a free 24 hour trial… 🙂

5203639b-2f62-47e6-b87b-37580ce5deae-image.png

• 6 Votes
    16 Posts

And it seems to be less conflicting!