Skip to content

Flarum - WordPress Journey

WordPress

• WP / Woocommerce Mystery

Solved Configure
    12 Votes
    23 Posts

@Panda said in WP / Woocommerce Mystery:

Just back to my other question, have you ever used Shopify?
    It insists on a templating language to use any custom js.

Not personally as never had any need, however, I do know that it uses Liquid for JS templating. It’s written in Ruby and is used to generate dynamic content on shop fronts. There’s zero reason as to why it wouldn’t work with data supplied by 3rd party API’s, although WordPress code won’t natively work for obvious reasons, and as such, this code would need to be re-written.

The JS part will likely work with minor modification, but not the PHP file in it’s current form.

• 2 Votes
    11 Posts

Thanks for your inputs ♥️

• 0 Votes
    10 Posts

I found it here, ins elements can not have aria elements

• 2 Votes
    10 Posts

@phenomlab thank you for information.

• 6 Votes
    15 Posts

@Hari said in Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it 😭:

Flarum is coded in such a way where it tells spiders not to crawl any internal links by adding nofollow tag. How stupid this is

Yes, I agree this doesn’t make any sense. If you compare to WordPress, then (via a plugin of course) you can set the attribute as you wish. It doesn’t make any sense to take a blanket approach. I guess I unerstand why they are doing this, but it’s not an optimum SEO methodology.

@Hari said in Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it 😭:

For few minutes i thought i should register a domain called flarumSEOsucks.com

They’d probably sue you for using the Flarum name in a URL 😕

• Flarum

General
    0 Votes
    4 Posts

@jac said in Flarum:

@phenomlab said in Flarum:

@jac yes, but they are lacking severely in the sense that they still do not have a functional GDPR extension. In addition, Flarum uses PHP as it’s backend infrastructure meaning it’s going to be so much slower than NodeBB will ever be.

Absolutely, I hope Node up their game 😆😉.

Certainly plugin wise anyway 😉

• CSS Help on my Flarum

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    5 Posts

@mike-jones Yes, you’ll typically see this type of behaviour if there is another style that has higher priority in the sense that yours will be overridden. Using !important will override the higher preference, but should be used sparingly rather than everywhere.

• 18 Votes
    36 Posts
    2k Views

you are too fast 😉