Skip to content

MailGun Not Working NodeBB

Solved Configure
  • Hi
    I setted mail server as mailgun.
    But forum not sending registered email .

• @cagatay said in MailGun Not Working NodeBB:

Hi
    I setted mail server as mailgun.
    But forum not sending registered email .

022-11-04T13:07:20.734Z [4568/172189] - error: [user.create] Validation email failed to send
    [emailer.send] Error: Invalid login: 535 Authentication failed
        at SMTPConnection._formatError (/home/nojor/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:784:19)
        at SMTPConnection._actionAUTHComplete (/home/nojor/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:1536:34)
        at SMTPConnection.<anonymous> (/home/nojor/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:540:26)
        at SMTPConnection._processResponse (/home/nojor/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:947:20)
        at SMTPConnection._onData (/home/nojor/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:749:14)
        at TLSSocket.SMTPConnection._onSocketData (/home/nojor/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:189:44)
        at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:400:28)
        at addChunk (internal/streams/readable.js:293:12)
        at readableAddChunk (internal/streams/readable.js:267:9)
        at TLSSocket.Readable.push (internal/streams/readable.js:206:10)
    2022-11-04T13:08:50.302Z [4568/172189] - error: [user.create] Validation email failed to send
        at SMTPConnection._formatError (/home/nojor/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:784:19)
        at SMTPConnection._actionAUTHComplete (/home/nojor/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:1536:34)
        at SMTPConnection.<anonymous> (/home/nojor/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:540:26)
        at SMTPConnection._processResponse (/home/nojor/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:947:20)
        at SMTPConnection._onData (/home/nojor/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:749:14)
        at TLSSocket.SMTPConnection._onSocketData (/home/nojor/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:189:44)
    2022-11-04T13:08:50.302Z [4568/172189] - error: admin.user.sendValidationEmail
    Error: Email sending failed for the following uids, check server logs for more info: 5
        at User.sendValidationEmail (/home/nojor/nodebb/src/socket.io/admin/user.js:91:9)
        at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
        at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
        at async onMessage (/home/nojor/nodebb/src/socket.io/index.js:160:19)
    2022-11-04T13:12:42.634Z [4568/172189] - error: [user.create] Validation email failed to send
    2022-11-04T13:12:42.634Z [4568/172189] - error: admin.user.sendValidationEmail
    Error: Email sending failed for the following uids, check server logs for more info: 5
        at User.sendValidationEmail (/home/nojor/nodebb/src/socket.io/admin/user.js:91:9)
        at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
        at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
        at async onMessage (/home/nojor/nodebb/src/socket.io/index.js:160:19)

• @cagatay said in MailGun Not Working NodeBB:

Error: Invalid login: 535 Authentication failed

The clue is in the error message

Error: Invalid login: 535 Authentication failed

You should check the username and password.

• @phenomlab it should be created by mailgun or my mail is also working yandex.

that user and pass yandex mail but service mailgun how can i fix it i do not know.

320ad480-68f6-4dac-b48c-3623a1469f7e-image.png

• @cagatay What happens if you try to send a test message?

• @phenomlab did it 🙂 i did not create smtp user on mailgun. everything is working now.

6cc6061f-ed5d-41f6-8eb7-5d98f98b3706-image.png

• cagatayundefined cagatay has marked this topic as solved on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation💗

• 2 Votes
    18 Posts

@Panda You’ll need to do that with js. With some quick CSS changes, it looks like this

d619844f-fbfe-4cf1-a283-6b7364f6bf18-image.png

The colour choice is still really hard on the eye, but at least you can now read the text

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

@mventures the swatch feature you refer to isn’t a NodeBB plugin, but a utility that I wrote that handles this. It is available for v2 (as you can see here) but I’ve stopped developing and releasing the code because it has been entirely rewritten to work for v3.

If you’d like the code, this is possible, but you’ll need to upgrade to v3 first.

• NodeBB: Creating pages

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    9 Posts

OK, I think I have figured out how to place a link in the footer which will click to a new page.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@mventures Yes, exactly. The other icon will restart NodeBB whilst the first icon I referenced will rebuild (recompile) it.

The huge strength of NodeBB over Flarum (for example) is that the code is precompiled, and called once at boot. PHP’s code has to repeatedly reload code from source making it much slower.

• restarting nodebb on boot

Unsolved Configure
    1 Votes
    3 Posts

@eeeee said in restarting nodebb on boot:

can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts?

It’s a better method. Nodemon just looks for file system changes and would effectively die if the server was rebooted meaning you’d have to start it again anyway. Systemd is the defacto standard which is how the operating system interacts in terms of services, scheduled tasks etc.

• Gettin Erors NodeBB

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab no forum is working goods.
    there is no eror message since yestarday.

• Configure SMTP for Nodebb

Solved Configure
    5 Votes
    14 Posts

@marusaky based on the work completed thus far (in relation to PM exchanges), I’m going to mark this completed. Sending email from the server itself works fine without issue, and DNS appears to be clean (valid SPF, DMARC, and DKIM records).

It appears that only Gmail marks incoming messages from your domain as spam - perhaps because of the domain age, which there is nothing we can do to prevent this. Mail delivery to all other domains appears to work fine in al of my tests.

• NodeBB metadata

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    4 Posts

@phenomlab said in NodeBB metadata:

@jac Are you sure ?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Astockportcounty.fans&sxsrf=AOaemvLwnaZL-PliU_2dBOg_Eo1pMVhBjg%3A1638982328139&source=hp&ei=uOKwYeatBcOsad3yp7AE&iflsig=ALs-wAMAAAAAYbDwyLBSDcG5XYoFCKwQFhgz94wTxOcV&ved=0ahUKEwjm6dX71NT0AhVDVhoKHV35CUYQ4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=site%3Astockportcounty.fans&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BAgjECc6CwgAEIAEELEDEIMBOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARCjAjoRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQowI6BQguEIAEOggIABCABBCxAzoFCAAQgAQ6CAguELEDEIMBOgsILhCABBDHARCvAToICC4QgAQQsQM6BQgAELEDOgsILhCABBDHARDRAzoLCAAQgAQQsQMQyQM6BQgAEJIDUABYySZg0CdoAHAAeACAAW2IAa0NkgEEMjMuMpgBAKABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

Fair enough 🤪🤪😁.