Skip to content

Changing Background on NodeBB

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation💗

• Nodebb icon on google page

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    9 Posts

@Panda It’s been raised multiple times, but only for the open source version, and not hosted.

• 2 Votes
    26 Posts
    1k Views

@Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API:

How did you drop that widget into the post there?
    I hadnt seen this BSgenerator anywhere on sudonix site, do you use it somewhere already?

Yes, here

https://sudonix.org/topic/414/corporate-bullshit-generator?_=1687774393044

It’s not a “post” or “topic” in the common sense. It is actually a page in it’s own right and leverages nodebb-plugin-custom-pages. This in turn creates a new “route” which behaves like a page, meaning it is then exposed for widgets.

@Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API:

Also can you explain more what you mean by calling the code externally. In my API call example, how would I go about doing that?

By this, I mean create all the required code in an external JS file that is reachable by the NodeBB instance - so, in “public” for example - or in my case /public/js. The widget then “calls” that file and because it runs outside of the scope of NodeBB, you just need to return the values to the widget.

Hope this makes sense?

• NodeBB v3 Vote Icon

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    9 Posts

@phenomlab forget it, look likes good with your codes.

• 1 Votes
    4 Posts

@eeeee if you’re using the console, you could try

node app.js > app.log 2>&1

This would redirect stdout to a file named app.log and redirect stderr to stdout.

I’m not sure about standard logging under NodeBB, but there is an error log located at logs/error.log.

Failing that, you could always stop the NodeBB service then use ./nodebb dev from the console which would then provide debug output.

• NodeBB v3

Announcements
    3 Votes
    2 Posts

@cagatay JS will work fine - no changes there, and there are no plans to drop support for jQuery. More of an issue is the CSS - for which there are quite a few breaking changes. Keep an eye on sudonix.dev (my development site) where you can see progress in relation to how I am tackling the compatibility issues.

• 4 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views

@DownPW done

• NodeBB Design help

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    8 Posts

@riekmedia I’ve applied some new CSS to your site. Can you reload the page and try again ?

For the record, this is what I added

#footer { background: #2d343e; border-top: 4px solid #2d343e; font-size: 0.9em; margin-top: 70px; padding: 80px 0 0; position: relative; clear: both; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; z-index: 1000; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -338px; }

The /categories page seems a bit messed up, so looking at that currently

EDIT - issued some override CSS in the CATEGORIES widget

<!--- CSS fix for overspill on /categories page - DO NOT DELETE --> <style> #footer { margin-right: -45px; } </style>

That should resolve the /categories issue.

• Display tweets in widget [NodeBB]

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    29 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab brilliant, many thanks Mark 😁