Skip to content

Mobile-friendly view for journey

Announcements

• 7 Votes
    9 Posts

@crazycells that’s as good a test as any 🙂

• 6 Votes
    4 Posts

@cagatay these changes aren’t published anywhere presently, so nothing for you to do.

• 16 Votes
    21 Posts
    1k Views

I relented somewhat here and added another swatch - one I missed, which was previous called “blackout”. This specific one has been adapted to work on the new theming engine, but the others have been reclassified, and renamed to suit.

image.png

As a result, the theme you might have had will probably be reflecting something else, so you (might) need to change your themes accordingly. The changes are as follows

Light -> No Change
    Cloudy -> Is now the old “Dim”
    Dim -> Is now the old “Dark”
    Dark -> Now a new theme based on the revamped “Blackout”

• 10 Votes
    4 Posts

Quick update - I decided to do the redirect from sudonix.com to sudonix.org using Cloudflare’s Edge Network as it’s much more efficient than having to send the request to this server for it to simply then bounce back.

• 24 Votes
    49 Posts
    2k Views

@crazycells You should be able to upvote more now as I’ve located the hard coded function in the plugin responsible for this and changed it from

maxVotesPerUser(reputation) { let MIN = 5, MAX = 50; let calculatedVotesPerUser = Math.floor(reputation / 10); if (calculatedVotesPerUser < MIN) { calculatedVotesPerUser = MIN; } else if (calculatedVotesPerUser > MAX) { calculatedVotesPerUser = MAX; } return calculatedVotesPerUser; },

to

maxVotesPerUser(reputation) { let MIN = 5, MAX = 500; let calculatedVotesPerUser = Math.floor(reputation / 50); if (calculatedVotesPerUser < MIN) { calculatedVotesPerUser = MIN; } else if (calculatedVotesPerUser > MAX) { calculatedVotesPerUser = MAX; } return calculatedVotesPerUser; },

It appears that the upvote limit is 10% of your reputation by default.

• 5 Votes
    5 Posts

@qwinter very well put. Great points and I can certainly align with these. I personally don’t see no university as a barrier to progression. My old boss said that he’d take preference with anyone who had a degree because of their “ability to think logically” (I kid you not). I said “well, you hired me and I don’t have a degree…”.

He paused for a moment realising that he’d literally dug himself a hole and fell in it. He then said “ah yes, but you’re an exception”.

“Exception” or not - it’s still a bigoted reasoning mechanism, and elitist to put it mildly. Class distinction springs to mind here.

• 5 Votes
    2 Posts

Just coming back to this thread for review (as I often do), and it looks like Webdock have increased their available offerings - some are extremely powerful, yet very competitive from the pricing perspective.

image.png

10 CPU cores, plus 20Gb RAM? Well worth a look (and the asking price) - there’s also a fixed IP which is hugely beneficial.

Clearly, this is well beyond what most people will want to spend - it’s more of an example (but interestingly, Sudonix runs on something not too different from the above).

However, not all that glitters is gold 😕 - just have a walk through the benchmark report I found below and you’ll see a huge difference between Heztner and Webdock

https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/compare/hetzner_vs_webdock

That being said, the amount of HTTP requests that Webdock handles in relation to Hetzner is superior - @DownPW you might want to have a look at this - there’s a free 24 hour trial… 🙂

5203639b-2f62-47e6-b87b-37580ce5deae-image.png

• 6 Votes
    16 Posts

And it seems to be less conflicting!