Skip to content

Changing the look of recent cards

Announcements
  • I wanted a way to draw attention to the recent cards on the categories page to make them stand out more - and what better way to do this than with some CSS. Here’s a short video of the outcome of that very exercise. Watch the recent cards closely as I cycle through the themes.

There’s a gradient being set there which is essentially two of the core colours in each theme.

For example, in swatch “Anthracite”, it’s easy to see how this effect works

1981b09d-671d-42c7-89ae-555f30916669-image.png

Essentially, we are setting the border-color and color variables to match the color set by the category itself. Essentially, this is an extension of this thread
    https://sudonix.com/topic/256/recent-cards-plugin-customization

The minor change here is just one line

$(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
            $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) {
                var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid");
                var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color");
                //console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color);
                $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "border-color: " + color);
                $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card h4 a').attr("style", "color: " + color);
            });
        });
    });

The line in question is

$('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card h4 a').attr("style", "color: " + color);

By adding this line, we change both the border color, and the text color to match. I also chose to thicken the border by 1px to give it a bit more depth, which works very well. I did consider a box-shadow but I think that may look somewhat “overdone” and odd when coupled with other elements. The jury is still out on that one 🙂

• 7 Votes
    8 Posts

@crazycells hmm. That’s odd. I haven’t made any changes from recollection but I could be wrong. I’ll need to check.

EDIT - very strange. I honestly don’t recall adding the below CSS block to alter the bottom bar, but you’re right…

.bottombar-nav { padding: 0px !important; }

I’ve removed this so it reflects stock Harmony.

• 15 Votes
    51 Posts
    2k Views

Oh yes, that’s what’s super cool, I learn something every day. Afterwards I start from so low in JS

• Rotating Star Effect

Solved Let's Build It
    12 Votes
    17 Posts

@phenomlab thanks a lot for these, both of the below are awesome! ♥

https://codepen.io/bennettfeely/pen/vYLmYJz

https://codepen.io/C-L-the-selector/pen/MWZbWBo

• 6 Votes
    4 Posts

@cagatay these changes aren’t published anywhere presently, so nothing for you to do.

• Footer bar add center text

Solved Customisation
    8 Votes
    41 Posts
    3k Views

@phenomlab said in Footer bar add center text:

div#console-nav-tab

Ah ok test with bottom: 0px !important; idem

• 9 Votes
    32 Posts
    2k Views

@DownPW said in Bottom footer navbar button extend:

Oh my god, it’s beautiful mark

I liked this design so much, I’ve implemented it here. I intend to do a lot more with the footer in due course, so hiding it makes a lot of sense. Thanks @DownPW for the idea and initial concept ♥

Solved Customisation
    0 Votes
    9 Posts

@jac said in Avatar on Topic Header:

@downpw said in Avatar on Topic Header:

Great Plugin 🙂

I make it a bit cleaner via this CSS code:

/*------------------------------------------------------------------*/ /*---------------- nodebb-plugin-browsing-users -----------------*/ /*------------------------------------------------------------------*/ /*Space between the avatar and the RSS icon */ .topic [component="topic/browsing-users"] { margin-bottom: -5px; padding-left: 10px; } /*Space between avatars*/ .pull-left { float: left!important; padding-right: 5px; }

Do you have a screenshot of how this looks with the CSS change?

Just added this change, thanks @DownPW 🙂

• Theme changes

Announcements
    10 Votes
    6 Posts

There’s still some very minor bugs in the two themes (light and dark) but these will be resolved in the coming days. Some are specific to firefox, and well require special attention, but will still be resolved nonetheless.