Skip to content

Link Text Colour.

Solved Customisation
  • Hi All,

I quite like the Slate Skin in Nodebb however any links that appear do not really stand out so much. Like the ‘here’ in the image. Also with usernames, links to topics etc. Unfortunately in slate them they are just white. I really would love a good skin but NodeBB by default are a bit boring. Slate and Darkly I like.

Link.png

I was trying to change with the following and colour of my choice that i read on here. Am i in the right direction with this? It would go in custom CSS or?

a.permalink, a.permalink:active, a.permalink:focus, a.permalink:hover {
        color: #ffffff;
    }

I also used some CSS code from here for the tags which made them look better. However also with slate skin as you can see…Mmmm

tags.png

• @Sampo2910 said in Link Text Colour.:

I really would love a good skin but NodeBB by default are a bit boring. Slate and Darkly I like

Can you try using the theme switcher on here ? It contains both Slate and Darkly which are adjusted to look better. There are other themes such as Midnight, Daylight, Superhero, and Nord also.

This might be a better approach. You’ll find them under the “Swatch” icon

Screenshot_2022-07-24-17-37-18-87_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

• @phenomlab Yeah your forum skins are great 🙂

Darkly and Slate on mine look not so good. I was trying to change them a bit with little success 🙂

Is this what you have something that can be fairly easily be implemented?

• @Sampo2910 The Darkly and Slate skins under the Persona theme aren’t great to be honest - that’s something I noticed when I first started using NodeBB, so I disabled it in the ACP so other’s didn’t experience the same thing.

The swatches here will be available in the coming weeks once I finalize and clean up the code. There will be a post issued that provides full documentation and implementation steps.

• @phenomlab Thx again for the reply.

Well I am sure that it will be well worth the wait. 🙂 I will watch with anticipation. For now it is OK. Just small minor irritations I fell in a lot of NodeBB ‘default’ things.

• Sampo2910undefined Sampo2910 has marked this topic as solved on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation💗

• Heading text on NodeBB forum

Solved Customisation
    1 Votes
    27 Posts
    2k Views

@mventures I’ve not done anything here.

• Footer bar add center text

Solved Customisation
    8 Votes
    41 Posts
    3k Views

@phenomlab said in Footer bar add center text:

div#console-nav-tab

Ah ok test with bottom: 0px !important; idem

• Link Not Working

Solved Customisation
    1 Votes
    5 Posts

@cagatay Good question, but one that’s likely best answered by the devs themselves. Could easily be done with a simple jQuery regex but that would really just be painting over rotten wood.

• hover link effect

Solved Customisation
    6 Votes
    18 Posts

@DownPW Looking at the underlying code, class start is being added on hover by jQuery in this function

document.querySelectorAll(".button-gradient, .button-transparent").forEach((button) => { const style = getComputedStyle(button); const lines = document.createElement("div"); lines.classList.add("lines"); const groupTop = document.createElement("div"); const groupBottom = document.createElement("div"); const svg = createSVG( button.offsetWidth, button.offsetHeight, parseInt(style.borderRadius, 10) ); groupTop.appendChild(svg); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); lines.appendChild(groupTop); lines.appendChild(groupBottom); button.appendChild(lines); button.addEventListener("pointerenter", () => { button.classList.add("start"); }); svg.addEventListener("animationend", () => { button.classList.remove("start"); }); }); })

The CSS for start is below

.button-gradient.start .lines svg, .button-transparent.start .lines svg { animation: stroke 0.3s linear; }

And this is the corresponding keyframe

@keyframes stroke { 30%, 55% { opacity: 1; } 100% { stroke-dashoffset: 5; opacity: 0; } }

It’s using both CSS and SVG, so might not be a simple affair to replicate without the SVG files.

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts

@DownPW not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate ?

• Link vs Refresh

Solved Customisation
    8 Votes
    20 Posts

@pobojmoks Do you see any errors being reported in the console ? At first guess (without seeing the actual code or the site itself), I’d say that this is AJAX callback related

• 2 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 3 Votes
    17 Posts

@jac said in Forum customisation:

@phenomlab said in Forum customisation:

@jac 100%. Just setting up some free time. I’m on annual leave from work offer the coming 2 weeks so hopefully will have a bit more time then.

Not a problem Mark, I don’t wish for you to use all your spare time doing that, just do it when you can, no issues 🙂

I know you’re busy doing other things but when you get a chance mate I’m happy for this to go ahead along with the RSS script.

👍🏻