Configure

• 2 Votes
    11 Posts

Thanks for your inputs ♥️

• NodeBB: Creating pages

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    9 Posts

OK, I think I have figured out how to place a link in the footer which will click to a new page.

• 2 Votes
    15 Posts

@phenomlab yes,

created different app and moved files and DB now everything is working ✅

thanks 🙂

• 1 Votes
    13 Posts

@phenomlab said in Hardening WordPress - Reducing the attack vector:

@jac Microsoft’s and Google’s Authenticator both support TOTP - essentially, a time based system that changes every 30 seconds. The main principle here is that the device itself carrying the One Time Passcode only needs to be in sync with the source server in terms of time, and can be completely offline with no internet access.

Provided the time matches on both devices, the One Time Passcode will be accepted. Applications such as Microsoft Authenticator and Authy also support push notification meaning you just choose either yes or no on your device when prompted, and then that response is sent back to the origin which then determines if access is granted or not.

One of the best looking password less authentication models was CLEF - sadly, this product died out due to a lack of funding (if I recall correctly) although some open source implementations of this have appeared quite recently.

Essentially, both products will achieve the same goal. TOTP is an industry standard, and widely accepted across the board. Not all services offer push confirmation.

Many thanks for the detailed reply mate.

There’s some great advice in there that will help me secure my accounts.

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Flarum

General
    0 Votes
    4 Posts

@jac said in Flarum:

@phenomlab said in Flarum:

@jac yes, but they are lacking severely in the sense that they still do not have a functional GDPR extension. In addition, Flarum uses PHP as it’s backend infrastructure meaning it’s going to be so much slower than NodeBB will ever be.

Absolutely, I hope Node up their game 😆😉.

Certainly plugin wise anyway 😉

• Blomstra Realtime issues on ubuntu server

Solved Linux
    1 Votes
    26 Posts
    1k Views

Just checked this thread on Discuss. It’s effectively not stable yet. My suggestion would be to use kyrne/websocket

• WordPress & NodeBB

Solved WordPress
    0 Votes
    6 Posts

@jac That won’t matter. You just redirect at nginx or apache level and it’ll work. The generally accepted standard though is to use a subdomain.