Skip to content

Error install plugin

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation💗

• 2 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda you’d be surprised. If you consider that you’d need to use the API to be able to populate a WordPress widget for example (which in turn would of course be PHP), taking this route is still immensely popular.

• 3 Votes
    11 Posts

@cagatay no problems

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh Welcome board 🙂

The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps

Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; }

Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.

• 13 Votes
    21 Posts
    2k Views

@pobojmoks that’s easily done by modifying the code provided here so that it targets background rather than border

In essence, the below should work

$(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) { var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid"); var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color"); console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color); $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "background-color: " + color); }); }); });
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@pwsincd hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?

• 3 Votes
    6 Posts

@phenomlab

haha!!
    You are crazy. In a good way, of course 🙂

It’s a way of saying you’re awesome !

• Social icon (Nodebb)

Solved Customisation
    0 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab said in Social icon (Nodebb):

@jac I just tested my theory around using the OG image, and according to the Twitter card validator, it works fine

73e805e1-997b-41bf-9259-51c5052ca8fc-image.png

fixed 🙂

• Display tweets in widget [NodeBB]

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    29 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab brilliant, many thanks Mark 😁