Skip to content

Just realized you get analytics for free on cloudflare

Performance
  • You know how each time you have a new project online, the default is to go get a GAnalytics account, install the JS, and look at it every now and then?

If you are using cloudflare as a Global Content Delivery Network (CDN), it now seems to have analytics built in.

Not as advanced as Google’s but more than enough for most projects. It also hosts static sites and it’s really fast.

Cloudflare has its detractors, so do your research. But this could simplify one step in your next project.

• never use google analytics they observe our site bounce rate and rank us down.

webmasters or CF analytics are good enough 🙂

• @qwinter yes, I recently migrated this site to CF in full and noticed the same thing. Seems CF also has native socket support now under the free plan, so win/win. I’ve not noticed any degradation of service since moving so happy to stay put for the time being.

• phenomlabundefined phenomlab marked this topic as a regular topic on

• 1 Votes
    23 Posts
    1k Views

@DownPW it’s your only realistic option at this stage.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts

@DownPW it’s in relation to the response I provided above

• 3 Votes
    4 Posts

@Panda You should be able to use {% javscript %} as shown in this video - it’s quite the watch, but very educational, and provides insight as to how this works - see below screenshot for an example

cdb160e9-d955-498c-b921-982db2986e2b-image.png

• SEO and Nodebb

Performance
    2 Votes
    2 Posts

@Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts

https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365

And also

https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164

It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”.

Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.

• 11 Votes
    47 Posts
    3k Views

@DownPW Seems fine.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

@eeeee they are nothing to worry about, and can be ignored.

• 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 3 Votes
    4 Posts

@crazycells hi - no security reason, or anything specific in this case. However, the nginx.conf I posted was from my Dev environment which uses this port as a way of not interfering with production.

And yes, I use clustering on this site with three instances.